"I don't like the hills"

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

"I don't like the hills"

Post by BirdMom » Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:10 am

For those of you who haven't worked in Attractions, I think that we've seen everything humanly possible, either on the monitors or infront of our eyes...including outright scariness.

We had to call a sudden 101 on Pirates several years ago - the r.o. in the tower noticed a woman sitting on the set at Utility 3, of course not on the convenient side on the left of the flume (where we evac) but on the right hand side, just sitting there on the wall, watching the boats go up the lift to end the ride...

What y'all may not know is that at the very bottom of that lift is this little thing we call "the pit." It houses the machinery that drives the chain that the one ton boats hook on to to get them out of the show building, and it's about 6 feet deep. Anytime a lead or mechanic goes down there to unstick a boat with a broomstick (Disney pays for the latest in techincal equipment), the tower person is extremely careful to hold anything and everything away from the pit because if someone gets caught there by accident if they don't become hamburger, they'll drown. So of course, the tower person and the leads were having coronaries while trying to hold the boats plus run to utility 3 in time to keep this woman from killing herself.

Anyway, they got her out of there and asked her just what on earth she was thinking when she got out of the boat. She let them know (in broken English of course - we think she was French or Italian) that she'd just been over on Splash Mtn. and she didn't like that last hill and that she didn't want to go on any more hills...now imagine this type A lead trying to explain very gently to this crazy lady what could have happend to her if she'd fallen into the pit (I think the blood drained from her face at that point) and telling her that if she'd slipped she never, ever would have had to worry about going on any hills ever again in her life... :shock: