Ripsaw Falls Fire

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Ripsaw Falls Fire

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:56 pm

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Ripsaw Falls Fire

Post by drcorey » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:48 pm

thats funny. A Water ride catches on Fire?

Corey

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:02 am

Nobody was hurt, so I don't feel so bad about chuckling at the whole situation myself.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:16 am

That's good. Electrical? Or a SG doing something that he or she should have not been doing.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:55 pm

I heard a guest was smoking, and threw the cigarette into a scene

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

MyLittleAngels
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MyLittleAngels » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Most of the reports have said that the fire wasn't even in a part of the structure that the ride actually goes through. Some sort of maintenance barn, or something like that. There's so little out there right now, it's difficult to separate facts from rumors.

Actually, having just checked, they're saying the fire originated in the roof. The ride is expected to be closed for several weeks, while they do repairs, and the scheduled maintenance that was already slated for later this month.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Is it wrong that my first thought after hearing it was the "Duddly Do-Right" ride was:

"Police are now looking for the suspected arson. He is described as having an 'olive' complextion, a thin handle-bar mustache, and wearing a black cape and top hat...."

figment1986
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by figment1986 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:50 am

PatchOBlack wrote:Is it wrong that my first thought after hearing it was the "Duddly Do-Right" ride was:

"Police are now looking for the suspected arson. He is described as having an 'olive' complextion, a thin handle-bar mustache, and wearing a black cape and top hat...."
He doesn't start fires... only rope women to train tracks. Maybe a Death Eater did it to lessen the queue for harry potter... :twisted:

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:55 pm

figment1986 wrote:He doesn't start fires... only rope women to train tracks. Maybe a Death Eater did it to lessen the queue for harry potter... :twisted:
First of all, Mr. Whiplash is not limited to tying young women to train tracks. He also steal, cons people, and forecloses on orphanages, so I see no reason he might not engage in a little arson. :cat1:

Second, if a Death Eater would want to lessen the queues for the Harry Potter attractions, wouldn't burning the other rides work against that goal? :cat1:

julieannboo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by julieannboo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:02 am

a couple of times i have been to universal - that ride always seems to go down during the day. are there any particular reasons for this?
stupid guests jumping out the logs?