Wild SGs at The World famous Jungle Cruise

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ifoundnemo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Wild SGs at The World famous Jungle Cruise

Post by ifoundnemo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Had this complete idiot of an SG while cruising the Nile today. I was spieling to my boat on the African Veldt, looked up and saw an adult male STANDING in the back doorway while his buddy was snapping photos! Mind you there's a really quick left to right turn on that part of the track, and I was sailing at full throttle!!! The boat I was in isn't necessarily the fastest boat in the Jungle, but that turn will toss you around a bit. Of course, I stopped the boat and told the guy to sit down, but the look that was on my face was PRICELESS. I mouthed something (nothing vulgar, just out of a common sense "are you crazy?!" reaction) and my boat totally sided with me. I kept looking over at this guy during the rest of my trip, panicked that this guy was gonna do something else... Luckily, he didn't.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Wild SGs at The World famous Jungle Cruise

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:02 am

Nice thing about the Jungle Cruise, when you get someone like that you have the option of making the rest of the cruise about them :)

Okay, not officially. But if you do it right, you won't get any complaints and you'll have the whole boat rolling with laughter in ways we haven't seen since they took out the potty humor.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

ifoundnemo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by ifoundnemo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:55 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Nice thing about the Jungle Cruise, when you get someone like that you have the option of making the rest of the cruise about them :)

Okay, not officially. But if you do it right, you won't get any complaints and you'll have the whole boat rolling with laughter in ways we haven't seen since they took out the potty humor.
On another boat yesterday, I did! This little brat sitting next to me was heckling me a good chunk of the cruise. We finally got to the attacking natives and we have an option in the script to "translate" what they're saying... so I went with this:

"Kill the lion, kill the lion, get the kid in the Notre Dame shirt..." his family started cracking up, he freaked out, and bring on the attack! We got to the temple and we made up, fist pounding and laughing the rest of the trip. Needless to say, he never heckled me after that.

TeamUBR
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TeamUBR » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:56 am

You were far too nice to the guy standing up. If I knew we had a fast left/right coming up. I would mention not standing once (which I'll bet would get ignored) then keep going. Hopefully it would time it just right to pitch him into the river.
I'm sure the paper work would be a bitch, but... OK, then there is the 'losing your job' part...

Alright, you did the right thing. Making him the brunt of your jokes for the rest of the cruise is probably more fun. Patronizing is far more fun than physical injury.

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:42 pm

TeamUBR wrote:Patronizing is far more fun than physical injury.
True dat.

I love, love, love the Jungle Cruise, but it's all about the driver. (Pilot? Captain?) It's a show AND a ride! I've known a lot of actors with no people skills, and a lot of people with people skills who couldn't act, so gotta respect someone who can do both. :D:

sstamour
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by sstamour » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:19 pm

shilohmm wrote: I love, love, love the Jungle Cruise, but it's all about the driver. (Pilot? Captain?) It's a show AND a ride! I've known a lot of actors with no people skills, and a lot of people with people skills who couldn't act, so gotta respect someone who can do both. :D:
I would say it's all about the people on the boat - captain (? I'll go with that one) and guests. When I rode it, the passengers were completely silent the entire time. No one was playing along, getting into the spiel, or anything - just sitting there, silently and mostly dead. My group (4 of us) were attempting to, but unfortunately we were towards the rear of the boat, so it was only marginally effective. It was enough, however, for the captain to stop us on the way out of the ride to thank us for the effort...which was enough to make my day!

Of course, I don't post stories like this on board X, because everyone would jump on board complaining about how awful the cruise is or whatever the complaint du jour is.

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:26 pm

sstamour wrote:I would say it's all about the people on the boat - captain (? I'll go with that one) and guests. ...
Skippers, not Captains. (Captains go down with the ship. The skipper will be right next to you, swimming for his life).

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:39 pm

CptnSkippy wrote:Skippers, not Captains. (Captains go down with the ship. The skipper will be right next to you, swimming for his life).
Actually, I think in many cases the skipper will be out in front. I don't have to out swim it, I only have to out swim you. :p:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:16 pm

Lasolimu wrote:Actually, I think in many cases the skipper will be out in front.
You kidding? In that/those river/s, the skipper's best bet is to wait for everyone else to start swimming, then step on their heads and not get wet. It's not too far at any time, and that way they don't have their chances at whatever is in the water.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:58 pm

CptnSkippy wrote:Skippers, not Captains. (Captains go down with the ship. The skipper will be right next to you, swimming for his life).
Well, wading, anyway....

Zazu