Struggle Stroller - SG in Tarzan's Treehouse

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
disneywizard
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Park: Walt's Barn
Department: Standards & Safety
Position: Compliance Enforceme

Struggle Stroller - SG in Tarzan's Treehouse

Post by disneywizard » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:04 pm

I caught on film a guest greatly stupidified that his Greco behemoth cadillac of strollers was too wide to push up the stairs in Tarzan's Treehouse, loaded with diaper and shopping bags and TWO UNRESTRAINED CHILDREN! :eek:

Disneyland. 3Da. Rope Bridge on Tarzan's Treehouse. animated. shake.gif :strolrev:

I've got to give him "props" however for his persistence, strength and perseverance.

I was laughing to myself when I heard him complain to a CM in the activity area about the walkthrough's inability to accommodate strollers - "There must not be allot of tree houses in the Philippines!"
==================
Seriously folks, us Americans are stroller crazy. It's not like the kids are weak or disabled - make 'em climb stairs, make 'em walk somewhere. I saw a guest toting two ten year-olds in a doublewide getting off of tramzilla complaining CM's wouldn't let them transport while riding in the stroller and that she went up the wheelchair ramp, they should be allowed to ride 'cause wheelchairs aren't unloaded. "Can't you see - they are handicapped! They are too fat to walk." she exclaimed. Every single person within earshot must have thought that if they walked once in a while, that maybe they wouldn't be too fat to walk.

You just don't see strollers in Peru or Argentina, nor can you spot as many fat kids. And rutted dirt paths with obstacles far outnumber sidewalks there too - just as kids playing tag outnumber kids playing gameboy.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Struggle Stroller - SG in Tarzan's Treehouse

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:15 pm

Great first post, disneywizard.

:sgthello:

Having been well over 300 pounds at one time, I can tell you that if a ten-year-old is too fat to walk, then I can't imagine what they are going to weigh when they get to my age... and that's only a 20 year difference.

The way people raise their kids in this country scares me.

I look at our future and, while I think this planet was designed to be able to handle (and beat us at) anything we throw at it, I see at least that aspect of Wall-E coming true. I am convinced that if they made those hover chairs, within two generations everyone would have one and use them constantly.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

TechieSidhe
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TechieSidhe » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:49 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Having been well over 300 pounds at one time, I can tell you that if a ten-year-old is too fat to walk, then I can't imagine what they are going to weigh when they get to my age... and that's only a 20 year difference.
I have also been 300 lbs, and a big girl my entire life. It is absolutely HECK on the joints. I've lost 25 lbs, and I can tell you that it's done wonders for me, even that little bit. In May, I was having problems walking Animal Kingdom, and in December, with even that little weight loss, I had almost no back problems.

She needs to get those kids active now, before it's too late.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:24 pm

I've lost 60, put 10 if it back on, and just restarted the rest. My goal weight is about half of what I was. It's amazing what happens, it seems every 10 pounds everything gets easier.

What's really fun is when you get dumbells or barbells that equal the weight you've lost and carry them onto a scale and thing, "That's what I felt like before?"

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?