Question for Haunted Mansion workers!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ricegirl25
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Question for Haunted Mansion workers!

Post by ricegirl25 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:32 am

Hello! I am just a guest, but I had a question to possibly prevent us from being categorized as a Stupid Guest! My three year old LOVES the Haunted Mansion.
We will be bringing her to WDW in January, and I have a feeling that she will want to sing the "Grim Grinning Ghosts" song to someone working at the attraction that day. Tell me honestly...would you find this annoying? (Of course, we find her wildly entertaining, but realize the rest of the world might not think so...) I may be biased, being her mother and all, but she really does butcher the lyrics. :) (e.g., "grim grimming ghosts come out to tear your eyes.)
What do you think? Annoying or heartwarming???

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Question for Haunted Mansion workers!

Post by drcorey » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:22 am

ricegirl25 wrote:Hello! I am just a guest, but I had a question to possibly prevent us from being categorized as a Stupid Guest! My three year old LOVES the Haunted Mansion.
We will be bringing her to WDW in January, and I have a feeling that she will want to sing the "Grim Grinning Ghosts" song to someone working at the attraction that day. Tell me honestly...would you find this annoying? (Of course, we find her wildly entertaining, but realize the rest of the world might not think so...) I may be biased, being her mother and all, but she really does butcher the lyrics. :) (e.g., "grim grimming ghosts come out to tear your eyes.)
What do you think? Annoying or heartwarming???
I hate when people do that. it is annoying.
no, grim grimming ghosts do not come out to bring you pies.
and no don't be her guest and press her breasts againt your chest.

Corey

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:44 am

massively annoying

would be marginally cute if she knew the right words

mapo

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:48 pm

sorry Op, but I guess a three year old in not cute enough experiencing the HM! :eek:

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:56 pm

mapo wrote:massively annoying

would be marginally cute if she knew the right words

mapo
At least she's not screaming bloody murder at the top of her lungs. ;)

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:19 pm

I think it would be really cute, especially if it's one of her favorite rides and that's known.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:40 pm

Come on guys, she's three years old. Give her a shot.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:51 pm

It wouldn't be the end of the world. For me it would depend on the day. When you hear the same thing day after day, and every guest thinks they are original, then it's likely to be annoying. But I doubt having a little kid sing the song is something they hear every day and I would probably find it cute.

My only concern is that a greeter is rarely just standing there. Particularly if it's busy. While I love to interact with guests, you just don't always have the time to spend a couple of minutes with one guest. You have to be on the lookout for guests with disabilities who may need to use a different entrance or transfer from an ECV to a wheelchair. You have to hand out Flik cards. If there is a height requirement or other rider requirement (like no casts), you have to watch for those as well. So the whole time, I would be watching the other guests and may have to step away. It's a cute idea, but may not be feasible.

Petite and Proud!

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:59 pm

Just to throw in my 2 cents about 3 year olds riding the Haunted Mansion.

Before we took our ALMOST 3 year old to Disney World for the first time, we had watched the Disneyland fun video about a million times. She LOVED the Haunted Mansion part and looked forward to it. What we didnt' realize was how many of the effects that pop up from the floor are then RIGHT AT A 3 YEAR OLDS EYE LEVEL. It scared the snot out of her, and from then on we had trouble getting her on any dark rides. Even things like Pan that we KNEW she'd love. Just be careful.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:59 pm

I say post a video here!!!!! :)

extra points if she has a HM maid outfit ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: