NOBODY talks to MY coworkers like THAT.

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: NOBODY talks to MY coworkers like THAT.

Post by Freak » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:25 pm

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:Ignorant Ass-hat. That is deplorable behavior.
Agreed. Uncalled for entirely. I would've let that guest enjoy other attractions---outside of the park.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:45 pm

KingsIslander wrote: Guest: Excuse me... excuse me... HEY SLAVE GIRL!
I suppose it's too much to hope that someone with a loud, penetrating voice said, "Excuse me, did you just call a black woman slave girl?" with just the right tone of incredulity? And everyone in the place turned to stare at SG in shock and scorn? And then SG slunk off in shame? Maybe we can't eliminate racism but I do like to at least shame to racist. :p:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:40 pm

shilohmm wrote:I suppose it's too much to hope that someone with a loud, penetrating voice said, "Excuse me, did you just call a black woman slave girl?" with just the right tone of incredulity? And everyone in the place turned to stare at SG in shock and scorn? And then SG slunk off in shame? Maybe we can't eliminate racism but I do like to at least shame to racist. :p:
Naw, such rats are impervious to shame.

OTOH, if there's a big crowd around, there may be enough who take exception -- even violent exception -- to his language and underlying attitude....

Hey, one can hope, right?

Zazu

breathless
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by breathless » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:47 pm

So what happens if a different guest stands up and causes a scene with a different guest because they said something like that. I know I wouldn't say much, but my husband would absolutly say something... I talk a big game, but he isn't afraid to say something when people are a!@es.

Kinda like the guy on the bus who threw his baby at the bus driver and proceded to choke the driver. What if their natrual reaction is to help?

Just a question.

All it takes is faith trust and pixie dust... and Rock n' Roll!!!:jessica:

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:35 am

Zazu wrote:Naw, such rats are impervious to shame.
Well, I guess I can't say as to their mental state, but if everyone gives them a death glare, it is possible to make them slink away with their heads down, in my experience. Shame is more about bowing to public condemnation than any sense of guilt. Their minds haven't changed, they just know they're digging themselves deeper and want out of there.

breathless, I've heard of people reacting violently to stuff at Disney where it ended up with both parties being thrown off site - the abusive guest and the guest who tried to control them. I suspect The Powers That Be would prefer guests not intervene at all when an employee is being verbally abused, while many employees would love it. The higher-ups don't seem to mind if you can stay calm and keep it verbal, though. What they're worried about is another guest "starting a fight" by intervening.

I dunno if that's true everywhere, but that's what I've seen.

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:58 pm

I knew somebody who worked with the Incredibles, and this is a story he would tell us in the break room:

Back when the Incredibles were at the Animation building in DHS (then MGM), Bob and Helen would greet and Frozone would come out and just kind of interact with the guests in line at various intervals. A little girl had gone through the line and just finished up with Bob and Helen when Frozone came out. Her mother told her to go get Frozone's autograph. The little girl looked apprehensive and told her mother that she didn't want to. The motehr then told the girl a second time to go get his autograph and again the girl refused. After a little back and forth, the girl said rather loudly, "But mom, you told me not to trust black people!" I was told that you could fry an egg on that mother's face.

Petite and Proud!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:05 am

EeyoresButterfly wrote:...the girl said rather loudly, "But mom, you told me not to trust black people!" I was told that you could fry an egg on that mother's face.
And that's when you lean over to the mom and loudly say, "It's alright, ma'am. We're all red on the inside."

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

security officer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by security officer » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:26 am

m sorry that happen to your co-worker there are people in this world like that, being a security offficer my first properity is protecting my employers staff, second is handling dumba$$ like her

WWWD
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by WWWD » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:37 pm

It goes both ways, my last Boss was a Black man with a major entitlement attitude. He was waxing eloquent one day on what "my people had done to his" and I politely my family were Irish and had come over in 1910, so his arguments were inappropriate. He leaned into my face (nose to nose) and said "Well, someone that looked just like you oppressed my people." I wish I had the presence of mind to reply "... and someone that looked like you robbed my family's bar last week."

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:55 am

WWWD wrote:He leaned into my face (nose to nose) and said "Well, someone that looked just like you oppressed my people."
Waitwaitwait.. Someone that "looked" like you? That has to be THE VAGUEST statement EVER.
I wish I had the presence of mind to reply "... and someone that looked like you robbed my family's bar last week."
LOL. Seriously, I mean... SO VAGUE. How can you..I mean...You can't just go around telling someone of a particular race/etc saying that someone who "looked" like them did some horrible act....It's like Batman syndrome or something.

"Some criminal like you killed my parents!"

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.