L and F

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: L and F

Post by hobie16 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:50 am

darph nader wrote:He wasn't short any kids was he? :eek:
Only if the kid was in the suitcase.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:36 pm

hobie16 wrote:Only if the kid was in the suitcase.
maybe he was trying to save some airfare?

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

kcberlin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by kcberlin » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:18 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:maybe he was trying to save some airfare?
I have a coworker here who is threatening to stow away in one of my suitcases in February. Maybe it was that kind of situation.

The opinions expressed here may not be those of kcberlin. Sometimes I just like to stir shit.:twisted:

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:57 am

kcberlin wrote:I have a coworker here who is threatening to stow away in one of my suitcases in February. Maybe it was that kind of situation.
Make sure they pay the baggage charge. ;)

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:51 am

shilohmm wrote: :eek:

Although in the SGs defense, that's more like someone losing a shoe than like someone hauling glassware onto a roller coaster. In terms of everyday life, a well-fitted prosthetic is pretty solidly anchored and I don't know that most people wearing one would think it a hazard on a coaster.
When I worked the inverted at our park, I had mutliple guests decide to keep on their prosthetic legs. It was about half and half. Never once did somebody lose it.

Petite and Proud!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:00 am

hobie16 wrote:Only if the kid was in the suitcase.
In that case, I can't help but think they (ahem) *might* still have the suitcase...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Ianto Jones
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: PotC above and beyond (DL)

Post by Ianto Jones » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:36 pm

disney777 wrote:I was riding Pinocchio at DL with my friend and her 3 yr old son. It was his first visit to DL, and his first Disney ride ever.
We got to the Pleasure Island area and the ride stopped. Then the lights went on. We were told to stay seated until the CM came by. When he did, he got us out of the car and told us to walk out of the ride. He said to take our time and take as many photos as we wanted. What a treat! We got to take pictures with the stand ups and props inside the ride.
Apparently, someone lost a very expensive watch in there, and the CMs had to do a walkthrough to look for it. Never found out if they found it. But I thought it was a great introduction to Disney Parks. Definitely memorable!

Was at Space Mountain DL yesterday, and saw a CM using one of those grabber arms to pick up a small pink Croc off the track that had fallen off during unloading of the car. Didn't have to stop anything to do this, just did it when people were loading.

I saw that a lot of people doubt that this happened.

The only thing is - back in the late 70's/early eighties, when I was about three, I *completely lost it* on DL's PotC, full on inconsolable panic.
Not because I was afraid for myself, but because I didn't know the AA's weren't "alive", and the scene with the jail and the puppy, particularly because of the fire and skeletons, just terrified me that no-one was *saving* them. Again, I was special-needs - intelligent, but emotionally young for my chronological age.

When we got off the ride, Cast made arrangements to take me backstage, and show me that they were robots.
Memories are understandably blurry, but I remember one of the pirates with fabric lifted (think it was near the jail scene?) and I know I'm not completely hallucinating because they also gave me a deck of cards with images from the ride, *and* a large chap-book type souvenir booklet about the ride, too. Which I still have, and is awesome - I think it's copyright about 1974'ish?
I don't remember the time lag, whether it was fairly quick, or later in the day.
This was in the days of A-E tickets, for certain.

That this could happen, makes me tend to believe the OP.
I don't remember if they let pictures happen (I'm not even sure if my parents had a camera, and very few pics of me as a child exist), but they *did* show me that an AA was a robot, that the fire was an illusion, etc. This, *happened*.

I'm happy to PM with anyone who doubts it - I have no reason to lie, nothing to gain (especially as I *do* care about y'all's perception of me, and maintaining your respect). You do so much for us, I wouldn't want you to think poorly of me.
Thanks...