L and F

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
shinysparklybubbles
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: L and F

Post by shinysparklybubbles » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:39 pm

When I worked at great adventure, we had a guest lose his prosthetic leg on Batman The ride (hanging coaster). Yeah, talk about a SG and a huge safety hazard.

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:49 am

shinysparklybubbles wrote:Yeah, talk about a SG and a huge safety hazard.
:eek:

Although in the SGs defense, that's more like someone losing a shoe than like someone hauling glassware onto a roller coaster. In terms of everyday life, a well-fitted prosthetic is pretty solidly anchored and I don't know that most people wearing one would think it a hazard on a coaster.

Anna
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Anna » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:13 pm

I've seem condoms (still in the wrappers, thank you), false teeth, wigs, bras and assorted underwear, but the most amazing one I saw was a fanny pack which contained $17,000, passports, and cellphone that was left in a restroom.

ectomstr
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ectomstr » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:09 am

shilohmm wrote: :eek:

Although in the SGs defense, that's more like someone losing a shoe than like someone hauling glassware onto a roller coaster. In terms of everyday life, a well-fitted prosthetic is pretty solidly anchored and I don't know that most people wearing one would think it a hazard on a coaster.
Agreed and coming from the best source i know-me. ;) My prosthetic is suction based, assuming the SG's was as well, his may have been too loose.

CharliEm
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by CharliEm » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:02 pm

Anna wrote:I've seem condoms (still in the wrappers, thank you), false teeth, wigs, bras and assorted underwear, but the most amazing one I saw was a fanny pack which contained $17,000, passports, and cellphone that was left in a restroom.
I found underwear in the corner of a toilet cubicle. Definitely one of the most disgusting moments of my job. I just swept it into my dustpan and threw it away as fast as possible!!!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:39 am

Anna wrote: but the most amazing one I saw was a fanny pack which contained $17,000,
What fanny pack ? ;) I didn't see any fanny pack. :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

DDuckLover
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by DDuckLover » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:30 pm

At Soarin' we had so many people drop items that just shatter in the pit once they hit the ground. Cameras, video cameras, phones, etc. Then there were always the ones that put their flip flops back on after the CM walks away...ugh. Then of course, they fall into the pit.

[font="Tahoma"]"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
[/font]

Fox38
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Fox38 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:36 pm

I have a friend who worked at the WDW Resorts at the housekeeping base. She receive a call from a Guest asking if we still had the suitcase he'd forgotten in his room when he checked out. She asked him when he checked out. He said ten months ago. Needless to say, we didn't have the suitcase anymore.

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:02 am

disney777 wrote:I was riding Pinocchio at DL with my friend and her 3 yr old son. It was his first visit to DL, and his first Disney ride ever.
We got to the Pleasure Island area and the ride stopped. Then the lights went on. We were told to stay seated until the CM came by. When he did, he got us out of the car and told us to walk out of the ride. He said to take our time and take as many photos as we wanted. What a treat! We got to take pictures with the stand ups and props inside the ride.
Apparently, someone lost a very expensive watch in there, and the CMs had to do a walkthrough to look for it. Never found out if they found it. But I thought it was a great introduction to Disney Parks. Definitely memorable!
As a 12 yr attractions cast member, I am pretty sure that never happened. Disney 777 is hallucinating.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:06 am

Fox38 wrote:I have a friend who worked at the WDW Resorts at the housekeeping base. She receive a call from a Guest asking if we still had the suitcase he'd forgotten in his room when he checked out. She asked him when he checked out. He said ten months ago. Needless to say, we didn't have the suitcase anymore.
He wasn't short any kids was he? :eek:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.