L and F

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: L and F

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:32 pm

LU: I agree as well. Also, when the work lights are on, it is technically considered "backstage" and there is no photography backstage except in special circumstances with management approval. (For instance, in entertainment if we wanted a pic in costume, particularly parades, we could take it against a neutral pre-approved backdrop).

I've had to use cherry pickers to retrieve hats and sunglasses from Snow White on more than one occasion. The hard turn at the beginning will send loose items flying if you are not careful. Philharmagic we always found stuff stashed under the seats. It seems like there were at least a few dirty diapers a day. It was disgusting and I never understood why people did that.

The ride I work now is a water ride. If you drop something in the flume, it will end up on the screens that keep leaves and other debris out of the pumps. Problem is, lost and found will not take wet items, so we just trash most of it. We have found many caps, several water bottles, etc. We also find a lot in the backs of our boats or under the floor boards. IF somebody loses something in a boat and they don't know which boat, we have a thing we call the "boat ninja". You hop in the boat at unload and ride it up to load while lifting up the floorboards and checking the back. Then you get out and run back to the next boat, repeat for all 12-18 boats. It's like a game to us. It's a challenge not let any boats slip past you.

Petite and Proud!

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:38 pm

lady ulrike wrote:I'm refering to the first post, the pinochio one where they were permitted to saunter through the attraction taking "all the pics they wanted" I commented late cause I was originally going to ignore it, but then someone commented on it, so I had to comment.
EeyoresButterfly wrote:LU: I agree as well. Also, when the work lights are on, it is technically considered "backstage" and there is no photography backstage except in special circumstances with management approval.
But I have seen times when Space Mountain has been down with the work lights on and they do not stop the People Mover. I know that I, and others, have taken pictures at those times.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:12 am

I believe the MK has the people mover. At Disneyland, the people mover stopped running a long time ago.

I have been to the Space Mountain at MK and never seen the work lights on inside. If the attraction is being worked on or is being renovated, they have a wall up.

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:10 am

Cheshire Figment wrote:But I have seen times when Space Mountain has been down with the work lights on and they do not stop the People Mover. I know that I, and others, have taken pictures at those times.
Yes, but that's a bit different than being allowed to walk around inside the attraction and being told to take all the pics you want. I've seen the exact same thing that you're referring to, but, like I said, that's a bit different because to stop those pics being taken, you have to stop a second attraction and we try to avoid closing attractions. Besides, in your case, you're perfectly safe sitting in the people mover as it goes by and taking pics, but not walking around unattended in side an attraction.

Sioban
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Sioban » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:52 am

Once on Pan I found a guest's wedding set. I was thrilled to be able to return it the guests and they were ecstatic to have it back.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:33 pm

Camera bag full of cannabis at AK. Don't know if they came back for it.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Camera bag full of cannabis at AK. Don't know if they came back for it.
That was my cannabis. :whistlng: Don't know about the bag though,but I'll take I guess. :D:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:32 am

I've seen coins, an un-eaten banana, gum - used and unused, un-opened condom, Cheetos (spilled on the floor), unused cigar, a mp3 player in the shape of a bongo drum that also makes sounds when you shake it, 1st visit pins, birthday pins, phones, glasses, stickers stuck to the sides or seat or floor, dollar bill, toothpicks, empty water bottles, various pieces of candy, chap stick, maps and times guides.
Cheshire Figment wrote:But I have seen times when Space Mountain has been down with the work lights on and they do not stop the People Mover. I know that I, and others, have taken pictures at those times.
That is because it's too hard to catch people doing it, and too much trouble to stop. Besides, there are a million pictures of SM with the lights on online :p:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Camera bag full of cannabis at AK. Don't know if they came back for it.
And let me guess, you found the "empty" bag -- kind of like the guy who found the rubber band that used to be around a lost bundle of $100 bills??? :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:16 pm

A couple of weeks ago we had someone find a key for a Mercedes. When the Guest claimed it, we told him we thought we got it back in the same parking spot, but that we had fun driving it around the parking lot.

He got right back at us by saying, "OK, I just hope you did not damage it."