L and F

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: L and F

Post by BRWombat » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:26 pm

lady ulrike wrote:Except I call BS on the whole thing. First of all, letting Guests wander the ride is a HUGE safety concern and no-no, a CM would get fired if caught. Also, we don't evac the rides for a lost item, we cycle out the ride. Which means that we stop loading people onto the ride and when everyone is off the ride, then we power down and go in to look for the item. It is much more efficient, safer, and better show to do that than to turn it off in the middle of someone's adventure.
Are you referring to ynnepztem's raft ride story or an earlier one? (I don't see either of those things in there.)

Either way, ynnepztem,

:sgthello:

:D: :D: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by DragonFox98 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:30 pm

Welcome to SGT, ynnepztem!!!! :waves:

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:00 pm

lady ulrike wrote:Except I call BS on the whole thing. First of all, letting Guests wander the ride is a HUGE safety concern and no-no, a CM would get fired if caught. Also, we don't evac the rides for a lost item, we cycle out the ride. Which means that we stop loading people onto the ride and when everyone is off the ride, then we power down and go in to look for the item. It is much more efficient, safer, and better show to do that than to turn it off in the middle of someone's adventure.
I agree with Lady Ulrike. They would never let guests saunter through an attraction and take "all the pictures they wanted". And you never shut down a ride for a lost item unless it poses a safety issue. You lost your Rolex? Sucks to be you.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:04 pm

Several years ago I was working in toontown. It was on a hot summer day.

There were a group of teenagers with beach towels. Garget Coaster went 101. The coaster got stuck towards to loading station. :mad:

They found a few beach towels that were dragged and caught in the breaks.
The maintence workers had the ride closed down for about 2 hours trying to get the stuck towel out. :eek:

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:31 pm

BRWombat wrote:Are you referring to ynnepztem's raft ride story or an earlier one? (I don't see either of those things in there.)
I'm refering to the first post, the pinochio one where they were permitted to saunter through the attraction taking "all the pics they wanted" I commented late cause I was originally going to ignore it, but then someone commented on it, so I had to comment.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:45 pm

lady ulrike wrote:I'm refering to the first post, the pinochio one where they were permitted to saunter through the attraction taking "all the pics they wanted" I commented late cause I was originally going to ignore it, but then someone commented on it, so I had to comment.
Ok, cool. Forgive me, I'm easily confused. :)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:04 pm

BRWombat wrote:Ok, cool. Forgive me, I'm easily confused. :)
You're forgiven. I'm often easily confused myself and at the same time seem to easily confuse others, it's confusing, I know. :)

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:31 pm

Wait. I'm confused now. :p:

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:10 am

lady ulrike wrote:You're forgiven. I'm often easily confused myself and at the same time seem to easily confuse others, it's confusing, I know. :)
I didn't follow that at all. :D:

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:56 pm

lady ulrike wrote:I'm often easily confused myself and at the same time seem to easily confuse others
NOT! :) If I didn't know you I might believe you lady. Me, on the other hand, totally confused @ every corner. :rolleyes:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]