L and F

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
HappyCamper
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

L and F

Post by HappyCamper » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:22 pm

My grandson lost his hat on Buzz one time and the CMs rode the ride or something to find his hat for him. Am forever grateful. (No, they did not shut down the ride nor would we have expected them to.)

That leads me to ask, what's the best, worst, funniest, weirdest, or whatevah item that an SG lost, dropped, etc. that you found after the attraction shut down? or that a SG requested you find?

Did you ever have to shut down an attraction as soon as you could to look for something?

disney777
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: L and F

Post by disney777 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:38 pm

I was riding Pinocchio at DL with my friend and her 3 yr old son. It was his first visit to DL, and his first Disney ride ever.
We got to the Pleasure Island area and the ride stopped. Then the lights went on. We were told to stay seated until the CM came by. When he did, he got us out of the car and told us to walk out of the ride. He said to take our time and take as many photos as we wanted. What a treat! We got to take pictures with the stand ups and props inside the ride.
Apparently, someone lost a very expensive watch in there, and the CMs had to do a walkthrough to look for it. Never found out if they found it. But I thought it was a great introduction to Disney Parks. Definitely memorable!

Was at Space Mountain DL yesterday, and saw a CM using one of those grabber arms to pick up a small pink Croc off the track that had fallen off during unloading of the car. Didn't have to stop anything to do this, just did it when people were loading.

pbb
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by pbb » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:21 pm

A fond memory from a little over 20 years ago. We went to WDW with our 3 month and 3 year old sons after a visit to Grandparents on the west coast of FL. We stayed at Beach Club which was relatively new for $ 89 per night. Got there the poor cast member said our room had a king size bed and I asked him where were the kids were sleeping, LOL. Sure enough the reservation was correct but the wrong room assigned. The young man went to the manager because no other rooms with 2 queens were available. They upgraded us to the Concierge Section. It was very nice with the wine and cheese party at night and the continental breakfast in the morning along with the fancy beach club robes.

So before going to the park, my wife purchase a cute Pooh Bear hat for the 3 month old. We went to MK and had lunch in Tomorrow land at the restaurant near the Tea cups and the race cars (saw the Osmond Brothers there as a kid,LOL.....No Donny though just brothers) After lunch, we both saw the hat under the stroller and neither picked it up. Went back looking for it, no go. The concierge called and she had no luck but put it on a list.

Weeks later I am at the office and my wife calls asking what is in the box ? I had no clue what it was. She thought I bought a present for her at Disney. Doh! I looked and felt like loser...LOL Well, it turns out to be the hat. We gave up on this $ 10 hat when the Concierge said it was gone.

I was really impressed that WDW took the time to figure it out and send it to us. I figured it would have in a claim box and sold or such or someone found it and it was gone. Of course some friends claimed WDW did it on purpose and just sent a new one to make a loyal customer. If that was the case then they were pretty smart people for sending us another hat. It was a nice moment for sure.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:58 pm

A few years ago at TL a lifeguard coordinator came to Guest Services with an (unopened) wallet that was found in the wave pool. We opened it up and found more than $1,200 in cash, as well as an ID. Park management paged the Guest on the PA. He had no idea why he was being paged to Guest Services.

It turned out that he had though his wife had the wallet but it was in a back pocket of his swim trunks and knocked out by a wave. So we had his money back to him before he was even aware it was missing.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:20 am

Hm, I remember someone dropping their Finding Nemo hat on Calico Mine Ride one day...only problem was it was dropped on the lift. And the only reason I saw it was because my locomotive ran it over...I told my shift lead I think I ran over a hat on the lift hill, and he went in and found the hat. We did have to temporarily stop our locomotives from going in the mountain, since we didn't want to run over our lead (well at least some of us didn't...).

The guest came back and received their hat...albeit in poor, greasy, and hole filled condition. :o: Hey, at least I found Nemo. I think I made him into sushi though.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

ynnepztem
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ynnepztem » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:24 am

Hi, this is my very first post but I couldn’t help jumping in. in 1993 I took my daughter and her friend Christine to Six Flags Great Adventure. Christine was dragging a backpack everywhere we went. Most of the rides allowed you to drop the bag at the ride load but the rapids ride did not. There were signs all over the place stating NOT to drop your bag. Well Christine didn’t want to follow the rules and threw the bag on the load platform. The CM picked it up and threw it in our raft. She threw it back out. Our boat was leaving so the CM threw it in the boat behind us. When the ride was over, the bag was gone. I assumed the kids in the other boat tossed it into the water. Christine was very upset because the bag contained all of her souvenirs, her retainer and her tennis shoes. We told the CM at the end of the ride and they checked all of the rafts as they came in. They told us to come back at the end of the night. When we got there, they drained the ride. That was the most awesome thing I had ever seen. It seemed like all the water was gone in 5 minutes. Unfortunately, the bag was nowhere to be found. There is one small part of the ride that is a little deeper than the rest and the water was not completely drained. I guess it gobbled up the backpack. The park replaced all of her souvenirs and gave us a ride to my car since we were the only ones left in the park. Needless to say, that was the last time I invited her to go anywhere with us.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:37 am

Hello ynnepztem, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try to hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

tlbwriter
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tlbwriter » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:43 am

disney777 wrote:When he did, he got us out of the car and told us to walk out of the ride. He said to take our time and take as many photos as we wanted. What a treat! We got to take pictures with the stand ups and props inside the ride.
Apparently, someone lost a very expensive watch in there, and the CMs had to do a walkthrough to look for it.
What a fantastic idea - turn it into something special for the other riders instead of a pain!

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:06 pm

Welcome ynnepztem to the 'other' side from the BDoSGT. Have a beverage.

:pepsi: :coke: :rumncoke: :beer:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:15 pm

tlbwriter wrote:What a fantastic idea - turn it into something special for the other riders instead of a pain!
Except I call BS on the whole thing. First of all, letting Guests wander the ride is a HUGE safety concern and no-no, a CM would get fired if caught. Also, we don't evac the rides for a lost item, we cycle out the ride. Which means that we stop loading people onto the ride and when everyone is off the ride, then we power down and go in to look for the item. It is much more efficient, safer, and better show to do that than to turn it off in the middle of someone's adventure.