Wow...really?

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Wow...really?

Post by Alyssa3467 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:46 am

Main Streeter wrote:DL would never!
Could've had me fooled... :rolleyes:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:35 pm

Alyssa3467 wrote:Could've had me fooled... :rolleyes:
Well, you get artound more than I do Alyssa. ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

shoutshout
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by shoutshout » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:01 pm

There is actually a tunnel system at Epcot. I'm not sure how far the tunnels reach or where they go and all that (its on my to-do list to explore the tunnels) but I know there is a tunnel. And the backstage area does take quite a while to get around. I'll agree that the CM on the phone was wrong. A friend of mine got fussed at for being on her phone before she was on the clock, because she was in costume.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:36 pm

shoutshout wrote:There is actually a tunnel system at Epcot. I'm not sure how far the tunnels reach or where they go and all that (its on my to-do list to explore the tunnels) but I know there is a tunnel. And the backstage area does take quite a while to get around. I'll agree that the CM on the phone was wrong. A friend of mine got fussed at for being on her phone before she was on the clock, because she was in costume.
I understand there is only one or two tunnels in Epcot and that neither go far. Due to how large the park is it can take quite a while to get around backstage depending on where you're going. They run a cast shuttle back there it is so large.

Cast members should never have their phones out onstage while in costume, working or not, it's bad show and the guests don't know if you're working or not.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Nobleman
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Nobleman » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:40 am

ttztotdca50 wrote:By the way, I've actually heard guests complain about CMs crossing Main Street.
Complain about crossing Main Street? WTF? I didn't realize there was....

Wait, why is this surprising me?

Disregard.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:53 pm

shoutshout wrote:There is actually a tunnel system at Epcot. I'm not sure how far the tunnels reach or where they go and all that (its on my to-do list to explore the tunnels) but I know there is a tunnel.
It starts in between UOE and SE, and comes up next to Electric Umbrella. It's not really a whole lot useful for walking to a location, cause it's still a bus ride then a long walk. It also continues down and branches off in one place, but I don't know where it goes.

DDuckLover
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by DDuckLover » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:23 pm

The tunnel system is not very big, it goes from SE to EU and Innoventions East, that's it. We have buses that we can take, but they often take a while. CMs that work on the west side of the park and even WS are allowed to walk to their area. Of course, full costume should be on appropriately and no cell phones. I had to walk across the park to get to Soarin'. I always had my full costume on, but I did have my purse and lunch box with me too. Absolutely no cell phones out! I see it a lot of times too and actually, a bunch of CMs from Soarin' did get in trouble for walking in half costume on phones through World Sowcase (we entered by the bathrooms near the refreshment port)...so now they have to take a longer way through Future World.

[font="Tahoma"]"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
[/font]

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:03 am

DDuckLover wrote:The tunnel system is not very big, it goes from SE to EU and Innoventions East, that's it.
Actually, I believe that the Future World tunnel continues over to Innoventions West. (Though whether there's still free access to it is another matter) That's how the Pasta Piazza counter service that used to be where Character Connection is now was re-stocked. It's not a straight-shot over, but is curved toward SSE because it had to curve around the original ponds that used to be on either side of the plaza.

-Rob

shoutshout
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by shoutshout » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:24 am

I don't know which side of innoventions is which, but I know I took the tunnel today from main entrance to innoventions over by the land, as far over as I could get (that I know of...although the tunnel continued on, I just didn't want to risk it...). I came up in the breezeway there. I was pretty excited. :P And that was way faster for me than trying to take the bus all the way around and then find where I needed to go.
(Gotta love walking in the park in my big orange coat!)

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:45 pm

shoutshout wrote:I don't know which side of innoventions is which, but I know I took the tunnel today from main entrance to innoventions over by the land, as far over as I could get (that I know of...although the tunnel continued on, I just didn't want to risk it...). I came up in the breezeway there. I was pretty excited. :P And that was way faster for me than trying to take the bus all the way around and then find where I needed to go.
(Gotta love walking in the park in my big orange coat!)
East is toward Mission Space, West is toward Land.

-Rob