Disneyland Resort TV

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Disneyland Resort TV

Post by drcorey » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:41 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbj8tslt ... grec_index

I wonder how this got out, can't be a guest putting a tap on the tv line, if you break the connection a alarm sounds in the studio. had to be a studio tech copying tapes when they were alone like late at night or something.

Corey

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Disneyland Resort TV

Post by Disneyguy85 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:00 pm

Nice find.

Man, quite a lot has changed at the Disneyland Resort since 2003, with more changes coming.

hueneme
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by hueneme » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:30 pm

Ok. For those dinasaurs of us with dial up, will you please give a synopsis of the video? Thanks. :o:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:25 pm

hueneme wrote:Ok. For those dinasaurs of us with dial up, will you please give a synopsis of the video? Thanks. :o:
When you stay at a disney hotel, they have thier own tv channels in the rooms broadcasting disney stuff. this was sort of a, Hey, welcome to disneyland, here are some tips and fun things to get you going on your disney vacation.

Corey

hueneme
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by hueneme » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:44 am

Thanks. I think I get it. Someone posted one of these Disney programs on youtube? That's what this post is about? :eek:

SG I Yam
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SG I Yam » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:34 am

drcorey wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbj8tslt ... grec_index

I wonder how this got out, can't be a guest putting a tap on the tv line, if you break the connection a alarm sounds in the studio. had to be a studio tech copying tapes when they were alone like late at night or something.
I didn't look closely at the back of the HDTV's at Kidani last time I was there, but a lot of them have video and audio out. (I don't remember the type of TV I had a the Grand Californian, but I think they were widescreen HDTV's.) If they have those, you can just hook it up to some sort of a recording device (VCR, DVR, camcorder, etc), and there you are...

Next time I'm at a WDW villa, I should try it... :)