Overheard in AK

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
MyLittleAngels
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Overheard in AK

Post by MyLittleAngels » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:58 am

Last night, while in line for Kali, the woman behind me was telling her friend, "It sucked! I'll never go to Disney World again!"

While I know this is a common mistake, it really just gave me the giggles ... Especially when, after the ride, she told her family she wanted to come back again tomorrow to ride Kali once more. :)

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Overheard in AK

Post by turkeyham » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:31 am

I have had a few SG in my line say that they were going to Epcot in the evening to have a beer. Folks, you are in Frontierland and you are at Disneyland. If it is 5 pm in California, and Epcot is roughly 2,000 + miles away. You have to catch a plane a few hours back to get to MCO, drive 30 minutes from there to get to Epcot. I think they were a little bit off on their drinks. Unless they were thinking of DCA. :eek:

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:04 pm

People don't seem to get the concept of Disneyland Resort vs. Disneyland Park either.

I was in line at Jazz Kitchen Express once, and the guy in front of me wanted to have his purchase charged to his hotel. The cashier tells him that it only works at "Disneyland Resort." Umm... I understand that only Disney stores (lowercase "s" :D :) and restaurants can do room charges, but last I checked, Disneyland Resort encompasses Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure, three hotels, and Downtown Disney District, of which Jazz Kitchen is a part.

Another time, I was working at the Newsstand, and someone asks how to get to the Disneyland Resort hotel. Which one? There are three hotels within the Disneyland Resort. :confused:

Teresa Kay
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Teresa Kay » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:11 pm

I'm always hearing people say they didn't really like Disney World, but EPCOT/Hollywood Studios/Animal Kingdom was pretty good.
Or the ever popular statement: "We're not staying at Disney World, we booked a room at Pop Century (or any other resort in WDW).
People just don't do their homework.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:00 am

When we were out there in Oct 2009, we stayed at the Regal Sun. This was a fun hotel. 2 blocks from DTD. We caught the buses to the parks each day and had a short walk back to our resort.

I have stayed at the Pop Century. That is usually the place that we stay at, but once it gets filled up, we go to another good resort. We do AK, MK, Studios and Epcot. Then if we have time and take breaks, we go off and play minature golf.

ladydiwinter00
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by ladydiwinter00 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:30 pm

I know this is a few months from a fresh post, but this topic cracks me up and bugs me at the same time.

Hubby and I went in 06 to WDW and Universal and IOA with a few friends and they couldn't keep anything straight. My biggest question is how do you spend that much money on a vacation and not do your homework on what is available for you to get the most out of it? I gave my hubby a crash course before we left for our honeymoon in 01 to make sure he wasn't going to piss me off!

Can't wait for WDW trip in APRIL!!!

Teresa Kay
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Teresa Kay » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:33 pm

Thought of a new one - about 10 years ago, some friends decided to see why we thought WDW was so special. They wouldn't wait to go with us in January, they insisted they had to go in October, during Fall Break. I gave them many WDW guides and offered to help them with plans. Nope, they were good.
They took their 4 kids, ages 7,9,14, and 16. They stayed in Fort Wilderness Cabins. They hated it.
After talking to them, it was because "There were only the 2 parks, that castle one, and the one with that ride that drops you." The mother spent every day for 5 days getting up, making breakfast for 6 people, and taking the 2 younger kids to MK. The father would head to DHS (MGM then) with the other 2. They would meet back for lunch (made and eaten at the cabin) and then leave for the same parks. They would meet for dinner (at the cabin) and then go to bed. That was it.
I asked them if they went to EPCOT or AK. "WHat are those?" they asked - they had never even looked at the guide books and had no clue there were other parks!
6 less people for me to trip over on my way to EPCOT!

twitch
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by twitch » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:13 am

Teresa Kay wrote:Thought of a new one - about 10 years ago, some friends decided to see why we thought WDW was so special. They wouldn't wait to go with us in January, they insisted they had to go in October, during Fall Break. I gave them many WDW guides and offered to help them with plans. Nope, they were good.
They took their 4 kids, ages 7,9,14, and 16. They stayed in Fort Wilderness Cabins. They hated it.
After talking to them, it was because "There were only the 2 parks, that castle one, and the one with that ride that drops you." The mother spent every day for 5 days getting up, making breakfast for 6 people, and taking the 2 younger kids to MK. The father would head to DHS (MGM then) with the other 2. They would meet back for lunch (made and eaten at the cabin) and then leave for the same parks. They would meet for dinner (at the cabin) and then go to bed. That was it.
I asked them if they went to EPCOT or AK. "WHat are those?" they asked - they had never even looked at the guide books and had no clue there were other parks!
6 less people for me to trip over on my way to EPCOT!
They probably thought that the younger kids were going to Disney... and the older kids were going to Universal.

tlbwriter
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by tlbwriter » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:36 pm

It's been my experience that a lot of people who hate All Things Disney simply didn't know what they were doing when they went. I used to try to educate them, but now I think "Nah. More room for me." :D:

TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TdcOgre » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:13 pm

tlbwriter wrote:It's been my experience that a lot of people who hate All Things Disney simply didn't know what they were doing when they went. I used to try to educate them, but now I think "Nah. More room for me." :D:
I know. I used to try to explain the best times to go and where to stay, etc. but it was a losing battle. So I said the heck with it and just kept my mouth shut. Means there's that many fewer people I have to deal with. ;)