Disney Village, FL

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
deathcomesarippin
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Disney Village, FL

Post by deathcomesarippin » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:04 am

I was Disney Village a few months ago in FL and boy has that place changed! Last time I was there a few years ago they had a music/record store with guitars and what not, it was next to the house of blues I think. Now the same place is some build a cheap rc car store and I was really dissapointed to see that :mad: ! Now all the shops are aimed more towards kids. I thought disney village was more adult themed, not just clubs and stuff (im not a huge club goer) but everything there was all themed for kids even the clothing stores. come on disney I know your a kid themed place but a little more "older kids" stuff would be great, that guitar/ music store was my "kid in a candy shop" place.

*steps of soap box and goes back in corner*

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Disney Village, FL

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:07 am

I hasn't been called Disney Village in many years. It's Downtown Disney these days. The Virgin Megastore closed up a while back, along with all the other Virgin stores in the country. The RC car thing is temporary and is the second or third thing to occupy the space since Virgin left. The clubs on Pleasure Island are all long gone.

Disney had nothing to do with the closing of the Virgin Megastore. Virgin decided that brick and mortar stores weren't for them anymore and closed them down. I haven't heard what will move into the space permanently. I hope Disney finds someone good, that's a lot of valuable store space, most of which is unused right now.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

deathcomesarippin
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by deathcomesarippin » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:02 am

haha ok shows you how long I havent been there. I hoped that all that stuff in the store was temporary, becuase I walked in there and the first thing that came to mind was "all this space and this is what they put in here"

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:18 pm

So wait a minute, the Princess Diana thing is gone?! Wow, it's been a while since I've been to that area....

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:42 pm

When I was there in Oct 09, most of the shops were taken out and replaced with allot of restaurants. Some shops are there.

deathcomesarippin
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by deathcomesarippin » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:06 am

yeah nothing is how I remeber it, last time I was there it was hoppin' (before changes) now its kinda dull. eh whatever

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:46 pm

I heard they are going to put in a bowling alley, billiards, and restaurant in the former Virgin records building. The new place is supposed to be called Splitsville.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:09 pm

At one point there was talk of it being an Apple store. I like that idea. I would never go anywhere else for my Apple stuff. And I would get more Apple stuff, I am sure.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:22 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:At one point there was talk of it being an Apple store. I like that idea. I would never go anywhere else for my Apple stuff. And I would get more Apple stuff, I am sure.
Would the Genius' wear Mickey ears ?

It seems an odd fit for the tourist market, unless they had exclusive WDW ipods, Ipads, and the like. Do you really think most locals (ohter than CMs, for whom it would be convenient) would choose the shop at the tourist clogged Apple store rather than one at a local mall ?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:48 pm

The key words are, "tourist clogged." If there's revenue opportunity why worry about who your customer base is. And, don't forget who the biggest individual holder of Disney stock is.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.