Disney Village, FL

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Re: Disney Village, FL

Post by delsdad » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:56 pm

hobie16 wrote:The key words are, "tourist clogged." If there's revenue opportunity why worry about who your customer base is. And, don't forget who the biggest individual holder of Disney stock is.
Indeed. I just thought that with the Apple stores having the highest $$ sales per square foot of any retailer, this sort of location would have a lot fewer big ticket sales. Cant see picking up a computer other than a laptop, when on vacation. Although a Macbook pro with exclusive Disney artwork, available only at DTD......

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:04 pm

I've seen some creative MacBook decals that Turn the Apple Logo into Snow White's Apple... maybe they could license and sell those? (I'm fairly sure the people making them now are infringing.)

8^)

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:06 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:43 am

My guess would be that it would be more of a display, more of an advertisement than an Apple store... almost a display with a gift shop at the end, and maybe they could drop ship a computer your way.

At two stories and however-many square feet that building is, it would certainly be an interesting place to have ads, upcoming technology (once items like the iPhone 5W are announced and all information legally given out, you can play with one before it's available, ONLY at DTD), and maybe even a backdrop for major corporate announcements. I can easily imagine that if they did that, they would have some sort of stage that gave any speaker a flashy entrance. Not Mickey-at-F! but maybe Cher-style.

I could see them putting an all-white facade around the building and in it. I am fairly sure you would see some pretty major modifications.

Almost sad that I've thought all this out. Almost.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

acourtwdw
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by acourtwdw » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:44 pm

delsdad wrote:Indeed. I just thought that with the Apple stores having the highest $$ sales per square foot of any retailer, this sort of location would have a lot fewer big ticket sales. Cant see picking up a computer other than a laptop, when on vacation. Although a Macbook pro with exclusive Disney artwork, available only at DTD......
I work for a large retailer that sells consumer electronics, in fact one of our kiosks are coming to DTD @ DL. If you have ever been to our store near WDW, you will see that it is very busy with tourists. I'm sure a small electronics store would do a very good business at DTD @ WDW.

Over 50 trips in sixteen years! Including DL, DLP and DCL!

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by delsdad » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:38 am

acourtwdw wrote:I work for a large retailer that sells consumer electronics, in fact one of our kiosks are coming to DTD @ DL. If you have ever been to our store near WDW, you will see that it is very busy with tourists. I'm sure a small electronics store would do a very good business at DTD @ WDW.
Especially if they sold decals like :Image

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:26 pm

delsdad wrote:Especially if they sold decals like :Image
My wife has that on her old macbook pro. I'll have to upload pictures of our current ones.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:32 pm

Hmm, I think she should be on the other side of the apple.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:I've seen some creative MacBook decals that Turn the Apple Logo into Snow White's Apple... maybe they could license and sell those? (I'm fairly sure the people making them now are infringing.)

8^)
Sooooo... like I was saying.

8^P

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by delsdad » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:16 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:Sooooo... like I was saying.

8^P
Of course that one does not appear to be licensed. The one I tried to buy on ebay had been taken down for "copyright" reasons !