WDW Cast Member "Shocked" By Monorail System

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: WDW Cast Member "Shocked" By Monorail System

Post by felinefan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Do you remember which engineer it was, Freak? One of the three Dons, or someone else? Carlos, the sullen guy? Yeah, I used to have problems with the sound system too on that train. It stopped working right, then at all the last year-year and a half I worked there. And I put in reports to fix it, and of course nobody cared. Typical.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:52 pm

It was one of the shortest boys, not any of the Dons...I only knew his nickname which was "All Hands"....

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

MouseKiss
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MouseKiss » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:39 pm

Freak wrote:Not monorail related, ... Gotta be careful around electricity.
In my younger, stupider days, while in the Navy, I snuck up on a ST(Sonar Tech) that had his head in an electrical cabinet. I yelled BOO! He jumped, then spun around and knocked me flat on my back, and gave me a mean lecture about sneaking up on people working around high voltage, while sitting on my chest.

I learned my lesson.

PS.
WOOHOO!!! CR-25!!! Look out Grumpy Pirate here I come!!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:36 am

MouseKiss wrote:In my younger, stupider days, while in the Navy, I snuck up on a ST(Sonar Tech) that had his head in an electrical cabinet. I yelled BOO! He jumped, then spun around and knocked me flat on my back, and gave me a mean lecture about sneaking up on people working around high voltage, while sitting on my chest.

I learned my lesson.

PS.
WOOHOO!!! CR-25!!! Look out Grumpy Pirate here I come!!

umm

okay

(shrugs)

I remember working on high voltage transmitters in the navy. having to short the capacitors to ground before doing the maintenance.

Ooooohhh pretty sparks!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:19 am

Electricity is a silent killer. It has no smell or feel to it until it's too late. If one doesn't know how to work on electrical problems one should leave it to a professional electrician. Handling bare live wires is a recipe for disaster.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:49 pm

Freak wrote:It was one of the shortest boys, not any of the Dons...I only knew his nickname which was "All Hands"....
Hmmm, I don't remember anyone by that nick. Thanks anyway.

security officer
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by security officer » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:00 pm

Doctor McKey wrote:Please not that the following rant will be shadowed out. It may or may not contain language that will make Hobie blush....

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED....

[spoiler] I am sick and F'ing tired of the media... esp. WFTV a f'ing ABC affiliate... keep bringing up the f'ing Monorail accident every f'ing time the someone f'ing sneezes near a damn train. It amazes me that the low lifes at that f'ing news room find it easy to cut the wound from last year open and not only dump a pound of salt on it. Can we not let the dead rest and the survivors get on with their life. I feel for Austins family when they turn the tv news on or open the paper and just have to see a reminder. I must give the Orlando Sentinal their props tho... It was not front page ews from the artical that was showed to me.. and also did not contain any hint of last years loss... [/spoiler]

Sorry to all of you that had to endure that... I am just fed up...

The Doctor
i dont blame you at at all

If you run, you'll only go to jail tired.