Please, Do Not Stand Too Close To The Rivers Of America! Valuables Tend To Disappear!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Please, Do Not Stand Too Close To The Rivers Of America! Valuables Tend To Disappear!

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:23 am

I am not sure if this will be considered a SGT or a SCMT. I'd say, SGT, because a CM friend of mine is off duty and just gotten off a Grad Nite Shift the night before.

O k, my story, we were hanging around the Rivers Of America on the opening night of the Return Of Fantasmic! one morning, just to scout out our areas for the show (Yes, the show started in 12 hours and we were preparing to wait). I meet my CM friend by ROA to just hang around to decide when to start setting up. A couple of hours later, another friend of mine shows up, not a CM. We decide on what to do and since neither of any of us have eaten yet, we decided to grab a bite to eat. The next couple of moments, I wasn't sure what happened to get to this point, but my CM friend went to get something out of his poclet and the next thing you see: HIS ATM CARD IS FLYING IN THE AIR AND LANDS IN THE WATERS OF THE ROA!!! So, the next thing you know, it disappears into the abyss of the mystic waters. we pause is shock in what happened, then busted out laughing on the whole situation.

So, what do we learn kids: When you want to retrieve something from your pockets next to the Rivers Of America, YOU MUST STEP AWAY, then you reach into your pockets to avoid losing in to the dark abyss of the Riivers Of America.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Please, Do Not Stand Too Close To The Rivers Of America! Valuables Tend To Disapp

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:10 am

Is THAT how that truck went in? :rolleyes:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Please, Do Not Stand Too Close To The Rivers Of America! Valuables Tend To Disapp

Post by darph nader » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:24 am

(raises hand) Silly question,,,why was the ATM card loose in his pocket? :confused:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:42 am

darph nader wrote:(raises hand) Silly question,,,why was the ATM card loose in his pocket? :confused:
Another question, why was it flying through the air? :confused:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by DragonFox98 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:40 pm

darph nader wrote:(raises hand) Silly question,,,why was the ATM card loose in his pocket? :confused:
I can vouch for this one (I think): my hubby does not carry a wallet; therefore, his driver's license, debit/credit card, and insurance card are always loose in his pocket. Good thing he doesn't ride roller coasters. :p:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:40 pm

DragonFox98 wrote:I can vouch for this one (I think): my hubby does not carry a wallet; therefore, his driver's license, debit/credit card, and insurance card are always loose in his pocket. Good thing he doesn't ride roller coasters. :p:
Get him one of those $ clip thingys,,,,,that way he can lose everything at once. :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:00 pm

darph nader wrote:Get him one of those $ clip thingys,,,,,that way he can lose everything at once. :rolleyes:
I carry a money clip that holds my credit/debit cards, hotel key, and drivers license when I go on vacation. Otherwise I have my (damn near George Costanza size) wallet.

So yeah, I recommend this so you can replace it all at once.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:26 pm

The ATM card can always be retrieved in a few years when they drain the river again...

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:58 pm

He said he used it earlier to purchase something and didn't put it back in his wallet.
Disneyguy85 wrote:The ATM card can always be retrieved in a few years when they drain the river again...
Funny thing is, the Rivers was recently drained and he has to wait another 5 years to retrieve it! :D:

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:08 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:Funny thing is, the Rivers was recently drained and he has to wait another 5 years to retrieve it!
Exactly, that's what I meant; the whole situation is pretty funny since the river was recently drained. :cool: