Insanity taken to a new level

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Ice Bear
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Insanity taken to a new level

Post by Ice Bear » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:48 am

Sometimes I just can believe my eyes reading nonsense but this takes entitlement to a new insane level.
According to this Disney visitor restaurants are not for dinning but for those who like to take a rest without eating or drinking there. Just a cool place to sit down. Next time I'm sure these people will demand a seat at The brown Derby,the Cali Grill or, why not, Victoria and Albert's and eat there sandwiches and soda's bought at the Hess station there. Image

However, at Disney, everyone is a patron regardless of if they just ordered a meal or not. The air conditioned restaurants aren't just for people who are eating their hamburgers, but for anyone at Disney! To assume that someone that is sitting down at a table without food should give up their seat for you is nonsense.

Mr. M
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Insanity taken to a new level

Post by Mr. M » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:28 am

Ice Bear wrote:Sometimes I just can believe my eyes reading nonsense but this takes entitlement to a new insane level.
According to this Disney visitor restaurants are not for dinning but for those who like to take a rest without eating or drinking there. Just a cool place to sit down. Next time I'm sure these people will demand a seat at The brown Derby,the Cali Grill or, why not, Victoria and Albert's and eat there sandwiches and soda's bought at the Hess station there. Image
I can only guess what board that came from.....LOL Probably a board with a lot of DISfunctional members. :)

Mental note: Do not ever ask questions on SGT.com
Will result in getting treated like scum.

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:07 am

It's true.

Likewise, the bathroom stalls aren't just for those who need to go #2 (or #1). Feel free to sit there and enjoy the air conditioning and eat the sandwiches you brought from home too!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:23 pm

Buggy wrote:It's true.

Likewise, the bathroom stalls aren't just for those who need to go #2 (or #1). Feel free to sit there and enjoy the air conditioning and eat the sandwiches you brought from home too!
that would be hand for those SG's with IBS, just eat your sandwich, wait a few minutes...

And I am sure the cm's running the podiums at thos places are just thrilled to have someone say they just want a table, but are not going to order anything.

knowing the polite CM's, would they still seat them? (I hope not!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:55 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:that would be hand for those SG's with IBS, just eat your sandwich, wait a few minutes...

And I am sure the cm's running the podiums at thos places are just thrilled to have someone say they just want a table, but are not going to order anything.

knowing the polite CM's, would they still seat them? (I hope not!)
Depends, I suppose, on how crowded it is.....

I invite patients to lay and rest in our "holding room" at the clinic when it is not busy. When busy, however, you'd better have chest pain or another serious problem. :cool:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Ice Bear wrote:Sometimes I just can believe my eyes reading nonsense but this takes entitlement to a new insane level.
By that standard, next time I book a tee time at Disney Golf, should I tell them I don't intend to play? I just want to hang out in the fairway so no one else can play through, and then I'll pour some Roundup on the greens for fun. Because, hey, I'm a guest!

People sometimes. Why has this become more common over the past couple of years? The entitlement mentality? Economic trouble leading people to try to squeeze every last penny out of everything? At least people aren't bringing their own kitchen appliances to WDW. Oh, wait...

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:15 pm

In the Pecos Bills they have signs stating tables are for those patrons who already have received their food and to wait for a sheriff to seat them. Wonder how the sheriff would have to deal with this?

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

svickersart
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by svickersart » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:04 pm

OK, so you brought this up and now I'm going to throw my two cents into this. On my last trip to Disneyland we were at DCA, me and da kid just took in Alladin and we were hungry so we went to award wieners and got a couple of chili dogs. Now if any of you are familiar with award wieners for a long time they just had a couple of tables, then a while back they added a dining area near muppetvision. Me and da kid got our chili dogs and went to find a table, there was one table available, it was designed to seat six people, it was in the sun and only had two chairs left at it. While I was eating I noticed there were nine people at a table near us, this one in the shade, and they were eating sandwich's they were making out of a cooler they had with them. Now this really ticked me off to no end, I spend over twenty bucks to feed us, sit in the sun and there is a bunch of people who did not buy their food there, taking a table in the shade, and who took a bunch of chairs so paying customers couldnt sit down.

Buying a ticket to the park gives you entrance to the park and unlimited rides, you pay for the extras, and the seats and tables at the restraunts are for people who but their food at the park and want to sit down and enjoy their food, not for the cheap ass SG's who think they are entitled.

Thanks for letting me blow off a little steam over this, I made comments but I dont think this group relized I was talking about them.
Steve

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:49 am

svickersart wrote: While I was eating I noticed there were nine people at a table near us, this one in the shade, and they were eating sandwich's they were making out of a cooler they had with them. Now this really ticked me off to no end, I spend over twenty bucks to feed us, sit in the sun and there is a bunch of people who did not buy their food there, taking a table in the shade, and who took a bunch of chairs so paying customers couldnt sit down.
If you had wanted to and were able (I don't remember how old your kid is) you could've found a CM (I would've gone with security) and they should've done something. We specifically ask that those who bring their own food should take it to the picnic area outside the park to eat it. And they're not supposed to have a cooler in the park anyway, that's what the lockers are for. All this being said, I don't think anyone would bother anyone eating pre-made sandwiches while sitting somewhere that is free game for anyone to sit at. But the fact that they are taking up designated seating and making sandwiches right there from a cooler, they're breaking three rules, I believe.

svickersart
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by svickersart » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:58 pm

I've seen people eat outside food in the parks many times. I dont have an issue with them sitting on a bench somewhere eating, I will often sit down and eat a granola bar or someting myself. But on several occasions I have seen people taking up tables at restraunts eating outside food. I even saw some kids, 12 or 13 yo at country bear not only using a table but using the condiments also. Its just people who are very inconsiderate, I want to enjoy my food also.

On a simular note, once at D/L my sister and her kids were there and we met for dinner at the place on the end of mainstreet where they do the B day parties (cant remember the name right now) me and da kid were eating potroast and chicken, one of her picky kids had pasta, another wanted pizza and another burgers so she ran one to red rockets and the other to get a burger then came back and joined us (she also had chicken) I dont see a problem with bringing food from one of the other D/L restraunts when some of your group is eating there and a couple of people want something else. Is this acceptable?
Steve