I have officially heard it all

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
scpergj
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: I have officially heard it all

Post by scpergj » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:50 pm

PatchOBlack wrote:Stupidity is not limited to any gender, religion, or nationality, I am sorry to say.
True!

Beauty may be only skin deep, but stupid goes all the way to the bone!!

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:39 pm

When Matra goes down, SG get cranky!! :eek: Today was bad, I wonder what will happen tomorrow? :rolleyes:

accioetoile
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by accioetoile » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:51 am

When I worked at Mission:Space, I once had someone try to sneak a baby on the orange side by zipping their sweatshirt over the baby. They got past everyone outside, but not me at merge.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:55 am

turkeyham wrote:When Matra goes down, SG get cranky!! :eek: Today was bad, I wonder what will happen tomorrow? :rolleyes:
Matra doesn't crash any longer for too long. Never over night. When Matra was new the system use to crash when WDW closed. :( Was kinda funny after we understood. I'd just call a tech @ WDW. Guess all Matra techs reside in Fl. :rolleyes:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:05 am

Main Streeter wrote:Matra doesn't crash any longer for too long. Never over night. When Matra was new the system use to crash when WDW closed. :( Was kinda funny after we understood. I'd just call a tech @ WDW. Guess all Matra techs reside in Fl. :rolleyes:
Interesting, but I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. How did WDW closing cause Matra to crash? Did I miss something?

:goofy: :goofy:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:37 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:Interesting, but I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. How did WDW closing cause Matra to crash? Did I miss something?
Not many understand me. :o: NBD. Don't understand this myself. If I did I would have been head of Matra. This went to my first manager, Steve. He survived & transferred to DPI. God bless him.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:19 am

turkeyham wrote:When Matra goes down, SG get cranky!! :eek: Today was bad, I wonder what will happen tomorrow? :rolleyes:
Oh you know what's bad? When a register at a semi popular cart refuses to work and all transactions had to be done by hand. They supposedly replaced every part of the damn thing, but still couldn't get it up for DAYS. The guests were pretty calm about it, and I refused to do card transactions or discounts. I'm glad to be outta that area.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:13 am

Goofyernmost wrote:Interesting, but I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. How did WDW closing cause Matra to crash? Did I miss something?
MATRA is a global system. So if it goes down for WDW, it probably goes down for DLR, DLP and the rest.

It was fun when I was at Safari, and they updated CDS. What a nightmare, and I understand that that, too, was global.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:31 am

Big Wallaby wrote:It was fun when I was at Safari, and they updated CDS. What a nightmare, and I understand that that, too, was global.
Was there something special about safaris and CDS?

Kurt

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:06 pm

If MARTA is a global system then the problem is probably a processor(s) that is too slow for peak demand. If the system fails at DL after WDW closes then it appears system resources are being allocated to WDW to close out.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.