Some CMs Don't Have A Sense Of Humor!!!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Some CMs Don't Have A Sense Of Humor!!!

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:52 pm

So, a friend of mine recently went to WDW for about ten days and returned last night. Before she left, she went to MK early in the morning and override 10 Fast Passes for Peter Pan's Flight. First of all, I would like to comment the CMs in WDW who went along with our plan bypassed the fast passes for us. They laughed at the idea. Then, she hopped a plane for the return home because she recently bought the Preimere Pass for both coast, for her trip. Last night, we surprised her by showing up to watch Fantasmic! at 10:30 P.M at DL. After the show, we booked it to Peter Pan with Fast Passes in hand, five minutes until closing, hoping to get a laugh out of it. Did we get it??? NOPE!! My friend went up the exit and showed the CM at Unload the Fast Pass. That CM looked confused, so she called a Lead. Did the lead laugh?? NO!! The lead gave us an attitude and flatly said, "We do not accept them because we do not have fast passes." My friend then pointed that it was the same date and it did NOT say that it was WDW or DL. So, with that unaccomplished, we left. The Lead nor the CM did not laugh or played along with our joke. So, my friend spotted a manager and went up to them. Same result, no sense of humor. they did ABSOLUTELY nothing. So, we went to City Hall and told them about it. They, also, found this to be funny and felt that something should of been done with a different attitude.

The whole point of this experiment was to get a laugh and see if the CMs would play along. I wanted to see what they would do if someone showed a Peter Pan Fast Pass of the same day.

Any comments, concerns, questions, worries, wishes???

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Some CMs Don't Have A Sense Of Humor!!!

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:02 am

my guess would be the timing.

At the end of a probably long day they might have run low on magic?

maybe they pegged their fun meter?

(that IS a great idea!!!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:21 am

Grumpy beat me to it. After a long,busy day....

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:21 am

I would have found the stunt hilarious regardless of the time of the day. It would have made my night. That stunt was better than what some of the SG's attempt to pull on rides. :D:

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:44 am

I imagine that they have to deal with so much stress and SG's during the day that they don't have time to be open to any jokes.

MHatter469
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by MHatter469 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:10 am

Yeah I would have found it funny, and pretty awesome considering they were issued the same day... I have always wanted to visit more than one Magic Kingdom in the same day...

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:47 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:my guess would be the timing.
At the end of a probably long day they might have run low on magic?
You are correct G P. Timing was everything here. Many of us are doing 6th & 7th days - most with a Grad Nite thrown in. You remember these shifts Fantasmic!Dan. Creative, cool idea :cool: , but cut DLR CMs slack...just a bit :)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:09 am

You got a point, MS. I'll give them that. They may be working 6 or 7 days straight, but that has to ease off the stress a little bit. That should of gotten a smile out of them. It wouldn't kill them to laugh, would it, or will Mickey be watching, ;) The attittude was uncalled for, don't you think?? No matter what, I know the CMs are not automated robots, but they keep the appearance of being happy and being courteous. From what I heard, it looked like they wanted to hurry up and finish the queue and go home. They value EFFICIENCY before COURTEOUSY. My friend told told us that the Lead told her that they CAN'T do anything about it because the line was too long.
Couldn't something be done?

Your thoughts?

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:14 am

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:You got a point, MS. I'll give them that. They may be working 6 or 7 days straight, but that has to ease off the stress a little bit. That should of gotten a smile out of them. It wouldn't kill them to laugh, would it, or will Mickey be watching, ;) The attittude was uncalled for, don't you think?? No matter what, I know the CMs are not automated robots, but they keep the appearance of being happy and being courteous. From what I heard, it looked like they wanted to hurry up and finish the queue and go home. They value EFFICIENCY before COURTEOUSY. My friend told told us that the Lead told her that they CAN'T do anything about it because the line was too long.
Couldn't something be done?
Don't know. Wasn't there F! Dan, & I'm not at all trying to put you down re this topic. Mickey loves to see CMs laughing with guests! Maybe the CMs, Leads , & whoever else you all encountered didn't "get it." Late night, closing FL, long queues, mostly new hires @ night. Many CMs really wouldn't understand, know or even look @ WDW Fastpass nor comprehend. We here @ SGT site are a minority of "inside Disney" knowledge/awareness. I have a sense many CMs go to work, leave via shuttle & would have no clue as to the uniqueness of this WDW Fastpass. MHO. :rolleyes: Am really pleased you posted this though. :) Am going to try to pull this when I return from WDW in Sept. :cool:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:49 am

Maybe you could go away with this thought. At some point the CMs will be asking themselves, "How the hell did they get fast passes for Pan?" It may resonate for days. Some jokes are comedy hand grenades. It takes a while before they go off.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.