ok i know wal mart's not a theme park but

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hulkcoaster
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by hulkcoaster » Sat May 29, 2004 1:07 am

^So hows your health insurance, i hear it sucks and was just wondering what it really was like?

imissRBT
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

well

Post by imissRBT » Sat May 29, 2004 7:21 am

well i am just getting switched to full time..not sure how that's gonna change it...but right now i have a crappy program called starbridge which supposedly doesn't really cover much and takes like 25 bucks out of all my paychecks...(i could a bought like 30 burritos with that money) but yeah the health insurance pretty much does suck....

~Is there meat in the vegetable stew?~

nitro-junkie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by nitro-junkie » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:46 am

Just read a book called "Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting by in America", and there are a couple of GREAT chapters about Wal-Mart that feels totally universal to the theme park world as well.

Quick summary: writer goes "undercover" working various minimum wage jobs around the country trying to see if the wage will pay for an above-poverty level way of life (hint:they don't). But what also stuck with me was all the dumb-@$$es out there, and greasy, shifty assistant managers. And by dumb-@$$es, I'm putting them down for their lack of common sense and basic level of respect for their fellow humans, not their lack of formal education.

And yeah, out here on the road, Wal-Mart has amused me many times in many places.

"There goes one of God's own prototypes.
A high powered mutant never meant for mass production. Too weird to live, too beautiful to die!"-Hunter Thompson

Seussgirl
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: ok i know wal mart's not a theme park but

Post by Seussgirl » Sat Oct 22, 2005 9:37 am

Walmart's not a theme park?! :eek:
Depends on what time of the day you go! :p:

Guest: What time does the park close?
Me: 5 minutes ago.
Guest: Are there any rides still open?
Me: No, the park's closed.
Guest: So, there's no rides still open?

I'm so glad I'm just seasonal!!! :rolleyes:

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:28 am

sistercoyote wrote:I have to admit, it surprised me that sharpies were age restricted.

Then again, I was also appalled at a Wal*mart recently when they asked me to confirm that no one under 17 would be watching the movie I was buying.

The movie? Feardotcom. I had Strange Days, too, but only Feardotcom apparently triggered their age restriction...stupid.

:roll:
I recently had to get someone come and verify my age at the self-checkout aisle for a PG movie.

And, quite frankly, I'd have to say that buying Strange Days probably qualifies you for a "Here's Your Sign" in itself... I saw that movie in the theater and wanted my money back.

LostMalfoy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LostMalfoy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:36 am

Along with that movie thing, if it's an R movie, it really depends on the maturity level of the viewer, and the opinion of the supervising adult (in most cases a parent). A lot of times, movies are given an R rating for dumb reasons. I own a few that are given that rating for mild gore and action sequences...I mean, come on.

Sorry to get off topic, but I had to say something. Lol