Oh my Lord up above deliver us from stupid guests

All other Disney Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disney discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Oh my Lord up above deliver us from stupid guests

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sun May 16, 2004 9:02 pm

I had some tourists come by last week and ask me about the Resort. Now being a Disney baby, I tried to answer their q's as best as possible. I explained what the park was like. They seemed to understand the concept all except for DTD. They kept asking where is it? I said you will walk past both parks and keep going towards the back.(they were walking from my hotel) They asked,"Do we have to pay to go there? Is there a special pass to buy? "I said No. "Why should we go then?" I swallowed a breath and said there are some great restaurants and cool shops. They looked at me like a deer in headlights. "Are you sure it's free? We don't have to walk through Disneyland?" I showed them the map I have of the area. Giving painstaking details and directions for about ten minutes, I asked if they knew how to get there and if they understood it was free. After about ten seconds of looking at each other and staring at me they said Yes...umm Where is Disneyland again?" AAAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! Pardon me for going insane. I'll be right with the next guest after I slaughter this idiot for wasting 30 mins of my day. Thank you for your time. :shock: :shock: :shock:

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

SweetAurora
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SweetAurora » Wed May 19, 2004 12:11 pm

Jesus on a pogo stick....

Do a LOT of people ask where Disneyland is when they're in the Resort? It's really very sad...is the layout just confusing for them, or something?

I will never be able to figure out stupid guests.

~*I am youth! I am joy! I am a little chick bursting out of an egg!*~

Latasian731
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Latasian731 » Wed May 19, 2004 3:51 pm

Last week while working at Disneyland I actually had a guest who came up to me with a park map displaying DCA asking me where was he on the map. I couldnt contain my laughter and told him to flip the map over to show Disneyland. He sure felt like a idiot. :lol:

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

It's twue, it's twue!!!

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Thu May 20, 2004 2:10 pm

I do have guests ask me that constantly. Never mind the fact that when it's fireworks season you can see them from our pool area. Certain rooms have a view of the park as well. Wouldn't you know, those are the ones who ask me most of all. It's enough to make Mickey Mouse turn dom and beat these morons into submission.

"The floggings will continue until morale improves." :twisted:

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:21 am

we get that all the time at the train station, and they always have to be of our two main eithnic persuaions, and how can we say.. not english speaking, the better question is how do we get to this part of the park, well how did you miss how to get to that part when you walked in, i mean whether you take the monorail from the hotel, or if you come in the main gate, you catch a glimpse of the other park, and the map clearly shows that if you go past main street street station, and you go out the gate, and proceed across the big open area, towards the Giant letters, that you're pretty sure spell something, which you take for english, even tho I just realized it's spanish, but it's an english speaking country, so whateve. and i ha having to tell people that it's a seperate admission, considering if i've learned correctly, it's the same price as the main park, only for half the time, and 1/3 the fun. what can i say, Guests (frequently) = stupid

Gimme some soft serve!

airjoe
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Oh my Lord up above deliver us from stupid guests

Post by airjoe » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:52 am

Last week I got a call from a guest in Downtown Disney in Orlando wanting directions to The Grand Californian.

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Oh my Lord up above deliver us from stupid guests

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:38 pm

airjoe wrote:Last week I got a call from a guest in Downtown Disney in Orlando wanting directions to The Grand Californian.

OMG.... are you sure it wasn't a crank phone call over the tie-line? I get those
a lot from Orlando. When I get one over the caller-ID phone I make a note to
call them back later and try to make reservations for Hookes Point at the DLH.

But the alltime stupidest, dumbass, where's the brain, are we literate at all,
did we fall out of a tree at birth question? ::: drumroll :::

"Where do we go with Fastpass?" - with this big, glaring sign right in front of
them saying "Fastpass Return".

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.