There is a Fine Line...

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: There is a Fine Line...

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:I responded with something like, "Because my conscience could not handle what would happen if I let you go by, and your kids fell into the trough onto the 600 Volt, 2000 Amp bus bar on the side of the Monorail Beam. I don't know you, and I don't trust you enough to watch your kids and keep them from that bus bar. That is why we have these gates over here that we keep you behind unless there is a train in the station. You are now going to turn around and come in through the entrance doors. If you are here in five seconds, I am shutting down the beam and calling Security, and the next train will not come in until after you are dealt with. Turn around now."
You know, Big Wallaby, I'm pretty sure that sometime in the near-future, when one looks up the word "win" in the dictionary, it will have a picture of you next to it. My inner child wants to grow up to be like you. :cat1:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:56 pm

BW, long ago I realized that some people think "rude" means telling them they can't have their way, no matter how wrong they are and how calm and polite you are. I had a traffic citation trial one time where the driver claimed that the ticketing officer (one of the nicest and quietest on the force) was extremely rude to him and his wife. Well, the officer testified in his nice, professional way about the facts of the case, and then the defendant called his wife, who emotionally told the court that the officer was just as rude to them at the scene "as he was on the witness stand just now."

(It was one of those times when the judge and I had to be professional and stifle our laughter to continue with the trial. I mean, if to these people polite=rude, think of how they'd respond to getting laughed at to their face.)

Great work on the Poly platform, Wallaby. I've said it before, but you are an asset to Walt Disney World.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:17 pm

I remember an episode from the Redd Foxx show. Redd was trying to get by a woman in some bleachers and asked her to move her feet. She cried out, "Well, I never!"

Redd replied, "And with an attitude like that you never will."

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:32 am

hobie16 wrote:Redd replied, "And with an attitude like that you never will."
Redd Fox was one of The Best. Love all the reruns. :cool:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:47 pm

Hey, I've got you all beat for the "Rude Cast Member" Award.

Why? Because by the rules and regulations set forth by DisneyLover... I just am! :p:

(I feel I'll have to explain that story to the new people around here.)

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:51 am

I used to have a co-worker at Knott's on the Calico Train. He could be hilarious, but if you didn't listen to the rules or obey the safety regs, look out! Unfortunately, that's what got him canned eventually.

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:20 pm

BW, do you ever practice some of these things you're going to say to Guests like this? I know this is at least the second monorail platform safety incident I've seen you post about in the previous few weeks (a railing-climber was the other one), and I could never come up with such a well-constructed argument on the fly like that...

(I'm the kind of person who all of a sudden comes up with "Oh, I *should* have said...." two hours later)

You and Zazu have a knack.

-Rob

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:06 am

Rob562 wrote:You and Zazu have a knack.
BW and I have entirely too many opportunities to practice.

Zazu

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Sat May 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Was I rude? Maybe. But I am not sorry. I flush Courtesy, Show and Efficiency down the toilet when a guest creates a safety concern and will not cooperate in keeping themselves safe.
I cant say that i have had bad ones like that when i was in rails.. but i can count on both hands teh times i have had threats of violance against me while working MK PAC. I have had people tell me that they will find me in the parking lot after i get off work.... and only because it gives me great joy to piss these people off.. i said to them calmly that " If you can find my car.. to let me know where it is.... I forgot where I parked...." which usually gets the boiler plant to explode... by that time i have wasted enough time for security to arrive to "chat" with them....

I think that if we ask ZAZU he may grace us with one of his stories of Main Street USA.. I love the one he told me about the Train Conductors Hat and the Video Camera....

The Doctor

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Sat May 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Rob562 wrote:(I'm the kind of person who all of a sudden comes up with "Oh, I *should* have said...." two hours later)
Once you start getting into the same situations over and over like we do... you start to reuse alot of them...

The Doctor

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...