Guests in track area! or Hit your E-stop!

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Guests in track area! or Hit your E-stop!

Post by turkeyham » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:30 pm

Wouldn't that be called an "Out of Bounds Guest?" I have heard that and my friends have told me when that happens, they stop the attraction. After they find the person, the attraction re-opens.

techie-13
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by techie-13 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Honda Enoch wrote:Not saying what they are doing is right. but if the phone had the insurance plan then broken or not it has to be turned back in to make a claim.
That's different then a Lost or stolen phone claim.
But most parks have a policy for handling items lost in the ride area. The guest could ask for a supervisor or go to guest services and fill out a lost item form. Many of the parks will look for the item after the ride has been shut down and if they find something matching the description, they will call the guest or mail the item to the guest's home.
I know of one ride (the Revolution) where the ride supervisor would have to go out almost immediately. The ride hangs you upside down and most items would fall into the ride pit or the water below. They spent a bit of time fishing wallets out of the water the first season it was open.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue May 04, 2010 1:01 am

techie-13 wrote:But most parks have a policy for handling items lost in the ride area. The guest could ask for a supervisor or go to guest services and fill out a lost item form. Many of the parks will look for the item after the ride has been shut down and if they find something matching the description, they will call the guest or mail the item to the guest's home.
I know of one ride (the Revolution) where the ride supervisor would have to go out almost immediately. The ride hangs you upside down and most items would fall into the ride pit or the water below. They spent a bit of time fishing wallets out of the water the first season it was open.
easy way to fix that..

put up a little sign:

Wishing well: make a wish and toss in anything! all donations will be forwarded to the make a wish foundation!

hehehehehe

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed May 05, 2010 7:34 am

I know at Knott's, if someone looses an item such as a hat, they will retreive it when the ride closes down. Also, if you loose a wallet, my friends who worked there will delay the gates to let guests in and take a 5 minute search in the area in which the item fell.

When we went to IOA a few years back, we went on Hulk. As we were entering the station my sister pointed out loose items that had fallen out. We saw the best items and wondered how it were to get loose. We saw swimming tops, cell phones, wallets and shoes. If SG had a fanny pack and put these items in a small locker, they would not be having these issues.

My parents have this rule for us kids. If some one does not want to go on a ride, let them babysit everyones stuff. By the time your family members get off the ride, nothing is missing. Now, when we know we are all going on rides, we will lock our stuff in a locker and pocket some loose change to get a snack. :D:

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed May 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Turkeyham, did you say you saw swimming tops? As in, the top part of a two-piece swim suit? I would say that would be the cause of a bit of extra embarrassment to those riders as they come back into the station... :eek:

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed May 05, 2010 9:27 pm

yes, cut off shirts and a swim top. I am guessing the SG did not tie the top on correctly. The goal is to wear good fitting clothes. We also saw allot of loose articles that sit in a pile near the Ray coaster. The way that they lock you in at the start and roll you forwards can cause fun with the loops, etc. :eek:

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Tue May 11, 2010 11:46 am

( 95% true story )

So yesterday... Mrs Mckey was working at the Pooh attraction when all of the sudden they went 101.... I asked her about it and her reply ( with her eyes rolling back ) Some "parnet" didnot control their child and they went running into the track area. In doing this the CM's had to ESTOP the ride... the computer freaked out upon trying to restart and said... ( and this, I sware to, was on the computer printout from the mainframe ) "NO.. I will not restart the attraction... not untill i receive a sacerficial lamb... or child... oh hell... jest give me the parents..."

No I must say that the HAL system that runs pooh bear ride is not as evil as the one that runs small world... you dont even want to know it did to some kids that jumped out of the boat durring Grad Nights a couple of weeks ago....

The Doctor

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Doctor McKey wrote:( 95% true story )

No I must say that the HAL system that runs pooh bear ride is not as evil as the one that runs small world... you dont even want to know it did to some kids that jumped out of the boat durring Grad Nights a couple of weeks ago....

The Doctor
LMAO...

you are not allowed to tell Doctor! :dalek:

MAPO

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue May 11, 2010 12:30 pm

How young was the kid? I thought the kids were to be inward on the cars while the parents prevent them from escaping. That is a SG parent not paying attention. :eek:

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Tue May 11, 2010 7:38 pm

Doctor McKey wrote:( 95% true story )

So yesterday... Mrs Mckey was working at the Pooh attraction when all of the sudden they went 101.... I asked her about it and her reply ( with her eyes rolling back ) Some "parnet" didnot control their child and they went running into the track area. In doing this the CM's had to ESTOP the ride... the computer freaked out upon trying to restart and said... ( and this, I sware to, was on the computer printout from the mainframe ) "NO.. I will not restart the attraction... not untill i receive a sacerficial lamb... or child... oh hell... jest give me the parents..."

No I must say that the HAL system that runs pooh bear ride is not as evil as the one that runs small world... you dont even want to know it did to some kids that jumped out of the boat durring Grad Nights a couple of weeks ago...

The system was programmed by the Overtakers ??