would this make a SG?

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
shinysparklybubbles
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

would this make a SG?

Post by shinysparklybubbles » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:39 am

I was reading on another board about asking at TGMR for the cowboy scene instead of the gangster? Is this something that would result in one being a SG? I'm just curious.

and on a side note, that ride scares the crap out of me (I know that's sad considering I'm 28!)

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: would this make a SG?

Post by Near Philly » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:42 am

I say no. Riding through the scene you didn't want, complaining loudly the whole time would put you into SG territory IMO.

BTW, I'm thisclose to the Mt Laurel Library.

shinysparklybubbles
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by shinysparklybubbles » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:45 am

holy crap we are almost neighbors! I'll actually be in Mt Laurel this afternoon visiting a friend!

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:10 pm

shinysparklybubbles wrote:I was reading on another board about asking at TGMR for the cowboy scene instead of the gangster? Is this something that would result in one being a SG? I'm just curious.

and on a side note, that ride scares the crap out of me (I know that's sad considering I'm 28!)
No, not at all. We get requests all the time asking for one or the other. If you'd prefer to see the Western show, just ask the CM at the podium (right in front of the double-doors), and they will get you onto the next available show.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

shinysparklybubbles
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by shinysparklybubbles » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:52 pm

joanna71985 wrote:No, not at all. We get requests all the time asking for one or the other. If you'd prefer to see the Western show, just ask the CM at the podium (right in front of the double-doors), and they will get you onto the next available show.
good to know, thanks!

Honda Enoch
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Honda Enoch » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:54 pm

There are 2 shows????? :eek:

I never knew that.

I have always only seen the gangster show. Wow that's really freaky seeing how I have been on that ride 100's of times since it opened.

Interesting.

Why are there 2 different shows? How often is the cowboy one run?

"You know me. I'm that little voice inside that tells you..."

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:14 pm

shinysparklybubbles wrote:good to know, thanks!
You're welcome. :)
Honda Enoch wrote:There are 2 shows????? :eek:

I never knew that.

I have always only seen the gangster show. Wow that's really freaky seeing how I have been on that ride 100's of times since it opened.

Interesting.

Why are there 2 different shows? How often is the cowboy one run?
Yes. There are 2 different shows- the Western show and the Gangster show. The Gangster show is the one run more often. The Bandit show runs from around 10am or so until aprox 5pm (of course, it can run later at times).

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

Honda Enoch
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Honda Enoch » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:22 pm

joanna71985 wrote:You're welcome. :)

Yes. There are 2 different shows- the Western show and the Gangster show. The Gangster show is the one run more often. The Bandit show runs from around 10am or so until aprox 5pm (of course, it can run later at times).
Anything else different about the shows? Or is it kinda like having 2 stretching rooms in the mansion and they both empty into the main show.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Honda Enoch wrote:Anything else different about the shows? Or is it kinda like having 2 stretching rooms in the mansion and they both empty into the main show.
The Western show takes place in the western scene, and the vehicle is taken over by a bandit. And the Gangster show takes place in the gangster scene, and is taken over by...a gangster. For the most part, the shows are similar (but with different dialogue, and the gangster has the vehicle a little longer).

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
[/font]

Honda Enoch
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Honda Enoch » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:54 pm

Is there a reason for the 2 shows? Like does it help the CM's rotate easier or something?

NVM I searched Wikipedia and read it.

Apparently the 2 scenes are used during peak times to help move guest through. Vehicle A stops at the western scene while vehicle B is stopped at the gangster scene both doing the CM swap at the same time.

Very interesting I'll have to ask for the western scene next visit, but I will then have to ride again to get the gangster scene as I am a 30's buff.