Please. Please???? PLEASE?!?!?!?! I'd Said, "PLEASE!!!!!!"

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Please. Please???? PLEASE?!?!?!?! I'd Said, "PLEASE!!!!!!"

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:39 pm

I seen it hundreds of times. Everybody had seen it at least once: Characters are getting bombarded and ambushed with guests wanting a picture and autograph. Can you say, "Paparazzi?!?!?!" Guests just shove their autograph books in the character's faces with no manners at all and just push themselves into getting pictures. Most of them are just plain rude, while others are nice and have good manners. I just want to smack them in the head and go, "Where ya manners at?" and give them the stare of death. :twisted: I commend the characters on how well they handle it without blowing their top.

One story I witnessed happened days ago, I was at coke Corner waiting for the Mad Hatter and Alice. They do a game of Musical Chairs at 2:30 P.M everyday. So, they come out, start pulling chairs, and setting up. Then, this one girl comes up, she must of been like 11 or 12 years old, and goes up to the Mad Hatter and askes for an autograph. The mad Hatter politely declines and says that he will sign after they do Musical Chairs. She keeps asking, "Please, please, please????" Again, Mad Hatter politely declines. Then, she raises her tone and frustrating says, "I said PLEASE?!?!?!" Then, The Mad Hatter scoots back away from her as he is terrified. At that point, I just wanted to knock some sense into her. That really irritated me. At the end, she just leaves in a huff. I am impressed on how he handled the situation. I would just pull her aside and give her a good talking to that would leave her pissing in her pants.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Please. Please???? PLEASE?!?!?!?! I'd Said, "PLEASE!!!!!!"

Post by drcorey » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:55 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:I seen it hundreds of times. Everybody had seen it at least once: Characters are getting bombarded and ambushed with guests wanting a picture and autograph. Can you say, "Paparazzi?!?!?!" Guests just shove their autograph books in the character's faces with no manners at all and just push themselves into getting pictures. Most of them are just plain rude, while others are nice and have good manners. I just want to smack them in the head and go, "Where ya manners at?" and give them the stare of death. :twisted: I commend the characters on how well they handle it without blowing their top.

One story I witnessed happened days ago, I was at coke Corner waiting for the Mad Hatter and Alice. They do a game of Musical Chairs at 2:30 P.M everyday. So, they come out, start pulling chairs, and setting up. Then, this one girl comes up, she must of been like 11 or 12 years old, and goes up to the Mad Hatter and askes for an autograph. The mad Hatter politely declines and says that he will sign after they do Musical Chairs. She keeps asking, "Please, please, please????" Again, Mad Hatter politely declines. Then, she raises her tone and frustrating says, "I said PLEASE?!?!?!" Then, The Mad Hatter scoots back away from her as he is terrified. At that point, I just wanted to knock some sense into her. That really irritated me. At the end, she just leaves in a huff. I am impressed on how he handled the situation. I would just pull her aside and give her a good talking to that would leave her pissing in her pants.
I love they way they stay in charactor at all times.

Corey

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:23 pm

drcorey wrote:I love they way they stay in charactor at all times.
Indeed!

That girl sounds like another brat of a child. Although I'm glad that it was a child who did it and not an adult.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Apparently Little Princess Entitled Teen forget, or wasn't told, that just because you say please doesn't always mean you get what you want, when you want it. If there are conditions to be met, such as waiting for Alice and the Mad Hatter to play Musical Chairs before greeting guests, you have to wait until that is out of the way. In other words, saying please doesn't mean you don't have to wait your turn.

Plus there are times when your request just can't be fulfilled. If you go into a restaurant and order a particular dish, if they say they're out of it, no amount of saying please is going to cause the ingredients to magically appear in the kitchen so the cook can make your order.

Or if you walk into a store and ask for a particular item, if it's out of stock, you could ask for a raincheck, especially if it was on sale, but if it's gone and you don't want a raincheck, you want it now, your only option is to go somewhere else. No amount of saying please is going to make that item appear on the store's shelves or in the stockroom.

She must've been told that saying please is like waving a magic wand, enabling one to get whatever they want. That works if the cookie jar has cookies in it, and you're asking for a cookie, but if there are no cookies, no ingredients to make cookies, and mom doesn't have time to make cookies, you can say please all you want, but cookies are not going to magically appear in the cookie jar. Or if it's too close to dinner; you just have to wait until after dinner to have the cookie.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:31 pm

felinefan wrote:She must've been told that saying please is like waving a magic wand, enabling one to get whatever they want. That works if the cookie jar has cookies in it, and you're asking for a cookie, but if there are no cookies, no ingredients to make cookies, and mom doesn't have time to make cookies, you can say please all you want, but cookies are not going to magically appear in the cookie jar. Or if it's too close to dinner; you just have to wait until after dinner to have the cookie.
But didn't you know? Please is the magic word! :p:

Anyway, I think you have hit the problem right on the head, when parents try to teach their kids to say please(a rarity these days I know) they usually(from what I have seen) teach them by telling them to use the "magic word" when they want something.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:02 pm

By any chance, did she look like this?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:56 pm

"She was a bad egg"

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:05 pm

BRWombat wrote:By any chance, did she look like this?

I think you already know the answer to that one, and if you don't, I will answer you with another question. Would Veruca ever say please?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:42 am

Lasolimu wrote:But didn't you know? Please is the magic word! :p:

Anyway, I think you have hit the problem right on the head, when parents try to teach their kids to say please(a rarity these days I know) they usually(from what I have seen) teach them by telling them to use the "magic word" when they want something.
I don't think I've said use the magic word to my daughter. I just say, what do you say? And sometimes have to say, say please (she's only 2) cause she doesn't quite get what she needs to say. Although, she mostly has please down, it's thank you that I have to tell her to say thank you, generally.

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:51 am

Lasolimu wrote:But didn't you know? Please is the magic word! :p:
This was my first thought too. Someone's under the unfortunate delusion that there's actually magic in the "magic word."

8^S