"Here stand there, I'll take the picture"

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: "Here stand there, I'll take the picture"

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Aren't we ALL kids at heart!! I take pictures all the time when I see characters. When guests say if I am there for my kid, I go, "nope, I am here for me!!" :) The characters love to meet guests of all ages: young and old!!

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Tinker Bell
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tinker Bell » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:02 pm

Mystic wrote:We were just wondering what the cast members thought about having two adults visit with the characters?
I work in entertainment, and I firmly believe that Walt was right when he said
"Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
I love when the adults come to visit the characters. The most fun adults are the ones that know the character movies and engage in full conversation about the characters daily doings. It's fun and don't you worry about what others sour grapes think, or the way they look at you. Characters are not only for children, adults most certainly need pictures with characters too.

Paying no attention to them. Those are the same people that want to know at what time is the 3:00pm parade. :oweye:

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:38 am

My favorite character interaction was just a couple years ago when we still went into the park for our trip character breakfast. I was sitting facing the wall and Brer Fox tried to sneak up on me. There was a mirror on the wall right there so I could see him coming, but I played along. When he was about to pounce me I(kinda) yelled "Don't throw me in that there briar patch!" Unfortunately, I think he learned his lesson with Brer Rabbit and won't be making that mistake again. :p:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:02 am

One of my favorite memories was when I got a picture with Pinocchio by Snow White's Wishing Well. When I went up to him, he grabbed Stitch, a plush I bring along all over Disneyland, and he held him over the well. There's a great picture of me trying to grab Stitch from Pinocchio as he holding Stitch over the Well. It's HI - Larious!! I will need to find it.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:47 am

Anyone who gives you flak for having your photos taken with the characters is a jerk. IMO characters are there to brighten EVERYONE's day!

Even I smile and sometimes laugh (gasp!) when a character walks by me and waves at me or interacts with me...even while I'm working! :eek:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:10 am

I've visited the characters alone as a 24 year old adult at WDW, and then again with my 25 year old boyfriend (who looks much older thanks to hair-loss and and RA) when I was 26 at Disneyland.

I never got the feeling from any of them that there was a problem with that, and they were super patient at Disneyland since Jake was having a killer rheumatoid flare in his knees and was in a push chair because he couldn't walk far or for long, always waiting and seeming to have no real rush for him to cane up out of his chair to stand up and interact and get his picture taken with them.

Then again he was also bedecked in a first timer's button and a "My First Visit to Disneyland" ears hat... so that might have had something to do with it.

8^)

WWWD
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by WWWD » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:40 am

Visiting Disneyland was my MIL's last wish. She wasn't the most pleasant Guest in the Park but it meant so much to her.

I don't think that there is a single job that matters more at the end of the day than being the kind of Cast Member that Walt wanted. To be allowed to touch so many people's lives, to be adopted and loved by so many.

Thank you all

nolilyonmygrave
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by nolilyonmygrave » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:34 pm

Tinker Bell wrote:Paying no attention to them. Those are the same people that want to know at what time is the 3:00pm parade. :oweye:
To be fair, sometimes the 3 o'clock parade is delayed (like when the MVP visits MK)

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:56 pm

Years ago, at an American Mensa Annual Convention, the banquet keynote speaker was Dr. L.L. Ware, one of the founding members of Mensa. I recall the following from his remarks: "All Mensans are Gifted Children; some have aged chronologically".

Something similar to this relates to adults with characters.

SnDMommy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SnDMommy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:18 pm

Husband and I were just at the parks late last week. I LURVE Tigger (and yes, I'm a 37 year old child). Happened to see him and Pooh in the back of a store in Epcot with no one else in line. I threw my husband the camera and went running up. Tigger gave me the BIGGEST bear hug, I thought I was going to suffocate! Poor Pooh probably felt left out with the little love-fest Tigger and I were having ;)