"Here stand there, I'll take the picture"

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: "Here stand there, I'll take the picture"

Post by Freak » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:That sounds better than actually eating one to me.
Agreed. Turkey legs make me want to :gross:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:31 am

Big Wallaby wrote:That sounds better than actually eating one to me.
Mrs. Skippy finally got one at Studios while the rest of us ate normal food. She said it was OK, but probably wouldn't get it again.

I always thought it looked really barbaric/caveman to be walking around eating a drumstick the size of your head.

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

Moonstone
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Moonstone » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:58 am

I still think the worst part of the turkey legs is people feeding them to the ibis. Wrong on so many levels!

skippyman111
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by skippyman111 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:42 pm

Actually, I kinda like the turkey legs... They are a bit barbaric though.. Takes me back to the caveman days :)

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:06 pm

skippyman111 wrote:Actually, I kinda like the turkey legs... They are a bit barbaric though.. Takes me back to the caveman days :)
Pop Trivia Quiz Time!!!

Which Disney or Pixar animated feature includes the phrase "caveman days"?

Zazu

TdcOgre
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TdcOgre » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:39 pm

Zazu wrote:Pop Trivia Quiz Time!!!

Which Disney or Pixar animated feature includes the phrase "caveman days"?
The Aristocats. No need to Google I have two grandchildren who are fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNEraxj559Y

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:54 pm

So, speaking of taking pictures....I had a good one last night.

Here I am in the park, doing my thing, talking to guests, minding my cart (which is quite busy) when I have a guest rush me and basically shove a DSLR (which I have 0 experience with) in my hands and tells me to take a photo of him in front of two stores.

Though my cart was busy, I attempted to make his day by gladly accepting the opportunity to help him out and take some photos.

First photo is okay, but I guess it was too dark (he didn't show me how to use the flash) so we tried again. 2nd one was better. I moved to the 2nd store. He wanted me to move WAY far away from my cart, but I told him I couldn't. He also wanted me to capture the entire face of the store in frame which required me to back up. But every time I took one step back to frame, he'd take three towards me and the face of the building wouldn't be in the photo.

So finally, after struggling with this, I finally snap a photo. The guest yanks it from my hands and reviews the photos. "Oh see you didn't line this up" and "Oh this light wasn't blinking you should've waited longer" and "This is centered poorly" are comments I hear. Mind you, my cart now has like 3 guests waiting for me. I did tell him that our PhotoPass CMs may be better able to assist him in taking photos, but he didn't want the assistance. He rushes away with a weird scrunched up look on his face, and I go back to helping my guests.

He was totally confused by the fact a CM, on a cart selling stuff, wasn't a pro photographer. Didn't know that was a requirement. :confused:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Mystic
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Mystic » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:20 pm

I have a question for all the friends of the characters and any one who works with the photographers who take the character photos. I'm actually posting this on behalf of my mother and myself since she doesn't have an account here. The two of us travel to the World quite regularly and we like to visit the characters and get our pictures taken with them, just like all the other families out there. The only difference is, we don't have any children with us, it's just us. Her and me, and I'm far from being under the age of 12. We wait in line just like all the other families with kids out there and then get our pictures taken when it's our turn with the characters. The thing is, we get nothing but odd and funny looks from all the families in line around us, like we shouldn't be there in line, like we have no right to get our pictures taken with the characters, like we're committing a major faux pas or something because only little kids or families with little children are allowed to visit with the characters.

We were just wondering what the cast members thought about having two adults visit with the characters?

August 20 - 28, 2011 - POFQ
Dec 1 - 9, 2009 - Polynesian

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:48 pm

I'm neither a Photopass or Entertainment CM but I can answer this. It's perfectly acceptable for adults to visit the characters without children. The characters love to meet children of all ages, 0-100 and beyond. I occasionally visit the characters and get their autograph and my photo with them, it's fun.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:43 pm

Mystic wrote:I have a question for all the friends of the characters and any one who works with the photographers who take the character photos. I'm actually posting this on behalf of my mother and myself since she doesn't have an account here. The two of us travel to the World quite regularly and we like to visit the characters and get our pictures taken with them, just like all the other families out there. The only difference is, we don't have any children with us, it's just us. Her and me, and I'm far from being under the age of 12. We wait in line just like all the other families with kids out there and then get our pictures taken when it's our turn with the characters. The thing is, we get nothing but odd and funny looks from all the families in line around us, like we shouldn't be there in line, like we have no right to get our pictures taken with the characters, like we're committing a major faux pas or something because only little kids or families with little children are allowed to visit with the characters.

We were just wondering what the cast members thought about having two adults visit with the characters?
I'm an adult, and I see the characters all the time. Also, when I work with the characters, I see plenty of adults (without children) visit the characters. Don't let other guests bother you :)

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]