Stupid Orientation Tricks

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Stupid Orientation Tricks

Post by KingsIslander » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Every Kings Island associate has to go through orientation and department training. Some people handle it better than others. Both our papers and the emails that they send us stated that we were to have our associate IDs and be in our park-issued uniforms for orientation. Unfortunately, there were many associates who felt that this applied to everyone but them. Imagine their surprise when they were denied entry to orientation. :rolleyes: Fast-forward to department training. During the safety presentations, we were told multiple times to turn our cell phones OFF, and that using a cell phone during the training would result in termination. Of course, Little Miss Entitlement felt that this did not apply to her, so she started texting. Some people should not be allowed to breed. :duh:

&quot wrote: "You can't arrest me for jogging on the railroad tracks!"
2010-2011: Food and Beverage
2012-Present: Admissions/Park Operations

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupid Orientation Tricks

Post by darph nader » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Another short career. :(

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:23 pm

KingsIslander wrote:During the safety presentations, we were told multiple times to turn our cell phones OFF, and that using a cell phone during the training would result in termination. Of course, Little Miss Entitlement felt that this did not apply to her, so she started texting.
I'm imaging the sound of a gun going off and someone hopping around on one foot while the other is bleeding.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:03 pm

Ah, another Diva - yup. We got lots like em!

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:57 am

How long before her mommy or daddy is calling HR demanding that she be re-hired.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:30 am

KingsIslander wrote:...Fast-forward to department training. During the safety presentations, we were told multiple times to turn our cell phones OFF, and that using a cell phone during the training would result in termination. Of course, Little Miss Entitlement felt that this did not apply to her, so she started texting. ...
Way to weed out the incompetents. You just know that if she'd text during orientation, she'd text during a shift.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter