Newbie, not a CM, with Stupid CM Trick!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
rjrrzube
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Newbie, not a CM, with Stupid CM Trick!

Post by rjrrzube » Fri May 07, 2004 6:37 pm

... and i'm not an AP either!

I've had fun lurking about and reading about CM experiences ... luckily, i don't recognize myself in any of the Stupid Guest Tricks!

I was the victim of a Stupid CM Trick a couple of years ago, however.

We were sitting at Fantasmic, near one of the temporary roped-off sections, right next to a temporary post. The CM nearest us insisted on reciting all the dialog -- LOUDLY -- while the show went on ... finally, it nears the end of the show, and she quickly starts taking down the temporary barriers ... and drops the post ON MY HEAD!!! people all around were asking if i was ok, and she was horrified ... and she disappeared! no blood, no cracked skull, but i was a little hazy the rest of the night ... luckily, it was the END of the night.

anybody else accidently injure a guest?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Newbie, not a CM, with Stupid CM Trick!

Post by Zazu » Sat May 08, 2004 11:43 am

rjrrzube wrote:anybody else accidently injure a guest?
Well, I did almost break a young guest's arm once, but he did have it coming.

I was walking along, minding my own business (read: "headed for break and not paying 100% attention"). I came to a corner of a building, and a young guest came around the corner and ran past me at full speed. As I turned to warn him to slow down, his brother came barreling around the corner at similar speed, and crashed right into me.

This might not have been such a big deal, but the young guest was running full tilt, with his head lowered. This, plus his relatively short stature, places his head just a few inches lower than my belt buckle....

Yes he did. And yes it did hurt that much.

I grabbed onto him by reflex as I sank to my knees. Trying to cover my situation, I asked him if he was okay. Despite his assurances, I read him the entire "first aid is available" spiel three times as I waited for my eyes to regain focus.

Kids having hard heads, he was of course just fine, but growing a bit tired of my attention, he said, "You can let go of me now, I'm okay." Unfortunately, my hands weren't quite ready to let go of anything, as nerve signals from my groin were still screaming "Danger Will Robinson!"

Only when he escalated his objection to, "You're hurting my arm!" was I able to pry myself loose. In retrospect, I suppose I left him with a bruise or two on his arms. Only the knowledge that he had never intended to inflict such pain prevented me from retaliating.

The worst part of the whole affair though was that two CMs I work with were standing not ten yards away, watching it all, never once offering to come over and help me up, and laughing their heads off.

As they stood with their legs crossed in unconscious sympathy.

Shoulda broken their arms instead.

Zazu

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sat May 08, 2004 12:31 pm

I did once. When I talk, especially to loud crowds I gesture a lot. So I'm spieling (don't even remember what now) and I stick my arm out to the right and into a guest's nose. I felt horrible, but she was ok and wasn't even angry a little shocked I think, but not angry.

Edited by Polar33 to fix error in BBCode

pacnpgsuperstar
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by pacnpgsuperstar » Sat May 22, 2004 4:19 pm

I used to accidentally take a few people out durning the parades (mainstreet), not with hurting people in mind tho. I always seemed to hit someone with my "lightsaver" the flashlights we use during spectro. I just really got into it and seriously tho if you've ever worked a spectro on a bad night you would understand. I just really get into yelling "keep movin to your right" and swinging that light that I would occasionally find myself knocking out someone or almost knocking them out. I never had any trouble with the guest because they all understood it was an accident, luckily for me. The worst thing was taking the "cheese wagon" through after spectro to pick up the "cheese" aka the rubber things we put down so the floats dont get stuck, out of the tracks, everyone would be waiting for the fireworks right along the tracks and it was really hard to get them to move from the spot for like 5 seconds to let me pass. They usually would move only a step or so over and I would hit a toe or two. I had simular problems with restocking the maps tho, nevermind that there were maps on the entire wall inside the trainstation but they had to be right where I was... ah well. :?
Zazu I could almost pick the people out that were looking at you not helping since I knew a few of those Train people, good group of peeps tho actually seen someone that reminded me of the girl that had mulitiple personalities the other day (I know you know the girl, no names lol) made for a good laugh. :lol:

"Are there rides here?" a few of my fav stupid guests

reivaX
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by reivaX » Tue May 25, 2004 12:03 am

haha i hit some dood in the face with the seatbelt at the rock and he wasn't mad just like.. "WTF?!" after that he wasn't even mad, didn't even think about it. but i was still apologizing like he was mad and ready to break me up in to 15 different pieces and bury half and torch the other half. soo bad

trojantuba
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Donny And Me

Post by trojantuba » Tue May 25, 2004 3:48 pm

I had done Fantragic from day one at DL and I knew most of the leads and they knew and liked me. So it was cool when one summer night I had shift changed to do a Fantasmic! shift and I got put in charge of B section VIP seating (this was before the 47.00 cake and puch seating) Usually you have friends of Fantasmisc leads and so on in that section. That night however I had Sean Lennon for my first show and Donny and Marie Osmond and thier 28 combined kids for my section. I got through Sean Lennon ok, howver when the second show came about..I left in Marie..I let in her kids..I let in Donnie's kids..I let in Donnie's wife..I lifted the rope for Donny to go over the rope right right as Donny decided to go under it...and then I closthedlined donny right in the throat..as I apologized and reached for my ID and main gate pass..preparing to be walked out..he ap;ogized..said it was his fault and thanked me...I then went to the Adventureland Breakroom to collapse. I have also had quite a few close encounters with..some well endowed women at Indy trying to prevent them from racing ahead of me..into the path of an oncoming 6 ton ride vehicle...that is all

-"You know when Disneyland opened in 1955 nothing went right"
-"Yes John but when the Pirates of The Carribean Breaks down the pirates don't eat the tourists"

-(At the Indy queue) And over there we have Patrick...either that or Indiana Jones has really let himself go.

SyracuseWolvrine
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by SyracuseWolvrine » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:56 pm

I've accidentally clipped a few guests in the heels with a stroller gate when I'm on exits. I've also tripped over someone driving an ECV on at least 2 occasions.

(haven't managed to hit anyone with the Map Cart yet, but seeing as how I can barely see around that thing when I'm moving it, and it usually gets moved during close when there's lots of guests around, i think that hitting someone is probably inevitable.)

----
Eric
AK Main Entrance Ops

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:02 pm

rjrrzube wrote:she quickly starts taking down the temporary barriers ... and drops the post ON MY HEAD!!! people all around were asking if i was ok, and she was horrified ... and she disappeared!
Whops, that was me sorry!! :D I'm just kidding, this is before I work for Disney.

I do injure guests lots of times while working Fantasmic! and I just apologize and make sure they are o k. They know it was an accident and just let it go.

Edited by Polar33 to fix BBCode

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

thundercatjamie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by thundercatjamie » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:03 pm

actually I had it happen to me today. I was at the dispatch podium trying to close the gates when this girl tried to run to an empty row the gates have a hesitation and it bonked her right in the head. She deserved it the grouper had told them to hang on for the next train but she ran anyway. She started crying and mom started yelling at her so i didn't feel too bad.

You only get wet if it starts to rain!

No, this is a roller coaster, it does not circle around the park!!!

Tyffni
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Tyffni » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:24 pm

About 8 years ago, I was visiting MK with my then husband. We had arrived really early to see the morning show (what is this called???) when it was still at the TTC. I guess the CMs messed up parking that morning because a CM car was parked directly in front us....actually, it was still touching our car! We figured it was a CM by the sticker on the windshield (it didn't take a rocket scientist). We did what we were supposed to do and stood at the end of the lane by the yellow poles for "security" to come. There was no obvious damange to the vehicle, but we wanted a report done in case we had a problem in the future with the hit. A security lady comes and we explain the problem nicely. She gets upset for some reason and says that if I am not quiet, I could get my husband fired. Apparently, she thought he was a cast member just because we recognized the sticker!!! Once she realized we were guests, she quickly changed her tune! I ended up writing Disney because of other problems we had in addition to that on the trip and received a $50 gift certificate. :D: