Newbie, not a CM, with Stupid CM Trick!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
coaster3001
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Newbie, not a CM, with Stupid CM Trick!

Post by coaster3001 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:21 am

I was working at the Castle one day w/ Minnie Mouse. I had announced several times that in just a couple of minutes Minnie had to go for a photo op on the stage and we would be back at *such and such* time. So the time comes and I close the line. Well a girl of about 10 years old takes that as her cue to run towards Minnie. W/O even thinking my arm went strait out and she closelined herself.

mentu
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by mentu » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:12 pm

my favorite is when I'm at load 2 at the Mansion and sometimes, I help pull down the lap bar. I don't pull it down hard, just slowly lower it. Inevitably, a buggy comes through with a parent and a kid. The kid sees the bar is lowering and yanks down as hard as possible with my hand following it. The parent is hurt b/c they didn't have their legs flat on the floor and looks at me in an evil manner since my hand is still on the lap bar.

loki82
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by loki82 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:35 pm

Well this wasn't really my fault, but it is kind of humorous.

I was doing a trash run at Fantasy Land in mK and had just stopped the 150lb trash cart to load some trash in to it. After I get the trash loaded a Mother dragging her child by his arm quickly turned to talk to her husband slamed the kid into the trash cart and then proceeded to yell at the kid for not watching where he was going!!! After asking the first aid speil for the third time I just walked away shaking my head.

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:09 am

mentu wrote:my favorite is when I'm at load 2 at the Mansion and sometimes, I help pull down the lap bar. I don't pull it down hard, just slowly lower it. Inevitably, a buggy comes through with a parent and a kid. The kid sees the bar is lowering and yanks down as hard as possible with my hand following it. The parent is hurt b/c they didn't have their legs flat on the floor and looks at me in an evil manner since my hand is still on the lap bar.
Having never been to Florida I am not sure how your "staircase" after Load 2 is. I stand a little past the Gryphon (I named him Charlie) so that by the time the buggy gets to me it should have already closed. If it doesn't I get to walk with the buggy up the incline till idiot Teenager number 1 and 2 take their feet off the clamshell while saying "Bend your knees Please" and pulling the bar back towards the seat.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

madhatter04
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by madhatter04 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:26 pm

Queen of Hearts - walking around with that huge dress... chasing the white rabbit... guests crowding and stepping in front of you with the dress on.... people getting knocked over and shoved by it... ugh!

--» Alex <--·´¯`·.

Jennly
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Jennly » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:56 pm

rjrrzube wrote:... and i'm not an AP either!

I've had fun lurking about and reading about CM experiences ... luckily, i don't recognize myself in any of the Stupid Guest Tricks!

I was the victim of a Stupid CM Trick a couple of years ago, however.

We were sitting at Fantasmic, near one of the temporary roped-off sections, right next to a temporary post. The CM nearest us insisted on reciting all the dialog -- LOUDLY -- while the show went on ... finally, it nears the end of the show, and she quickly starts taking down the temporary barriers ... and drops the post ON MY HEAD!!! people all around were asking if i was ok, and she was horrified ... and she disappeared! no blood, no cracked skull, but i was a little hazy the rest of the night ... luckily, it was the END of the night.

anybody else accidently injure a guest?
Just curious about two things. Was this at Disneyworld Florida at the Fantasmis Site at MGM? And was this jerk's name Sjonnie?

Used to work with someone years ago who used to do that shit. Just got a mental image (and a full body shiver!) when you described the incident.

J

rjrrzube
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by rjrrzube » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:07 pm

no, this was at disneyland ... didn't get a name, either, she got her butt out of there quick!

Teddykeiko86
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Teddykeiko86 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:04 pm

I've closed doors on guests before at Shrek 4D. The doors aren't as heavy as doors at most 3D shows. They aren't sound proof and can be opened manually fairly easily. Oh yah, it wasn't always an accident either.

Doctor McKey
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro
Park: magic kingdom
Department: the dungeons
Position: former slave

Post by Doctor McKey » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:49 am

I like listening to people scream and cry at Stitches Great Mistake.... :stretchr:

The Doctor
:walter:

Note from Big Wallaby - This guy snorts pixie dust! Ask me for details...