Just thought you'd like an update on me....

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Just thought you'd like an update on me....

Post by felinefan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:28 am

Back in January, my sister cut me off, stealing half my inheritance. My landlady managed to pay my rent for February, but the owner of the house said I had to leave by March. Last week I went to church--on a Friday, during office hours--and told my pastor what was going on. He said his wife would make some calls on my behalf. They came up with a women's shelter, and I called and left a message. So far, I haven't heard back. On Sunday, my pastor announced I had a housing emergency, and needed help moving. One of the ladies in my church volunteered to give me a place in her condo, and bringing Tripod was okay. My pastor and another guy from church moved me. They had to store most of my stuff at the church; amusingly, my undergarments are among the stored stuff. But my room has a computer, even though the mouse is wonky (might need cleaning) and it runs on Windows 98. But I can communicate with people, at least. They're remodeling their condo, and being somewhat handy I volunteered to help. My pastor's wife bought Tripod some food and litter.

But I need a job; my hosts have a variety of health concerns, and the husband is an older man. I hope to either get a job so I can afford my own place, or at least pay them rent. There's alot of stores around here; I'll look into those. I also understand there's an ROP center nearby, though when I checked that out last summer they said they were cutting adult services to focus on teenagers. But, I'll check back. Still haven't heard from the Census people; the guy who helped move me said he hadn't either. If they need workers so badly, why is it taking them so long to get back to people? I scored 26 out of 28 on the test, and 10 is a passing grade. I might have to call them back.

Anyway, prayers or crossing of fingers, depending on what you prefer to do, would be appreciated.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Just thought you'd like an update on me....

Post by darph nader » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:46 am

Keepin fingers crossed for you. My bro took the same census test last week and scored the same as you. Good luck to both of you. :cool:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Just got an email from my youngest sister; our dad passed away this morning. No details; funeral is either this coming Monday or next.

It's scary when you start running out of family members....

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:16 am

I am so sorry to hear the passing of your dad. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:37 am

Very Sorry to hear about your Father. Hope your siblings will re-evaluate all of their old ways and remember that Family should come first.
Hopefully your Father left a will, and everything will be distributed according to his wishes. Now that things are better shelter-wise, you can work on getting what is your rightful share and a new job to get back to independence.

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Quoting from a reply from my youngest sister:

"Dad had a GI bleed and didn't realize it (until) it got bad enough to cause a heart attack. By the time he was transferred to a good hospital he had pneumonia and sepsis. Last night his organs started shutting down and this morning he had enough and pulled off the oxygen and passed a minute later."

Yep, that's Dad alright. He hated doctors and hospitals.

If and when I go to the funeral--he lived in Lake Elsinore--I just hope my younger sister, the troublemaker, will behave herself and not cause any trouble. I'll keep you posted.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:33 am

So sorry about your Dad Feline. I was thinking about you the other day and wondered if you had heard back from the Census folks yet. Hope that all works out and that all your sibs behave themselves.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:38 pm

You're gonna "love" this <sarcasm>. My youngest sister emailed me this morning saying Dad's funeral will be on the 18th at Riverside Memorial Park, but neither of my sisters will be providing transportation--my brother has a driver's license, but no car. I could feel the negative attitude just oozing out of that email. Well, all I can say is, that's their decision and they have to live with it. It's a military cemetery near March ARB, since Dad was in the Army before, during and after the Korean War, but never went into combat because he was with the Army Security Agency, keeping military secrets. Was looking at the site last night, it's beautiful.

I was looking at the dedication video for the POW/MIA memorial, and in several shots noticed a cavalry unit standing at attention on the hilltop behind the ceremony; any vets who can tell me the significance of that? Were they an honor guard, or like a ground version of the "missing man", with a "fallen rider" like they did with JFK's funeral procession? I never saw them in motion, nor did I notice a horse without a rider among them.

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your loss :( .

It's just shameful that your sisters are acting that way. These kinds of things are supposed to bring families together, not force them apart. Hopefully, you'll be able to find some sort of transportation.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:53 am

Depending on what arrangements are made, there are different military salutes available during the Funeral. I have an Uncle and both Grandparents buried at Riverside National Cemetery. IIRC, they have their own Honor Guard
there and they can travel to other National Cemeteries. Unfortunately, the doofus who did my Grandfather's (WWII vet) ceremony never requested they be there :mad:
I guess there might be a way to get there and back via Metrolink/bus. I know there are a couple of stations in Riverside.
Unbelievable siblings won't give you a ride-use whatever resources you can to not allow them to take advantage of you anymore (taking your share of inheritance-Criminal:mad :)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: