things you could do without seeing or watching someone do

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
ziggy
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

I have heard of Smiley but can't say I've seen him

Post by ziggy » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:45 pm

What does smiley look like, because I have seen a guy in the park numerous times who looks mentally retrarded, and has a backpack, and a red name tag, but I don't think that is smiley?

so my question is what does smiley look like, for personal reference?

Make the bad man stop

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:30 am

SweetAurora wrote:I was introduced to Smiley one night by my lead when I first started working my attraction. She pointed him out and told me to make sure he wasn't being too "happy" inside the ride, as she had dealt with him making himself "happy" in other rides as well as making the poor horse on Main Street "happy". He is a seemingly mentally-handicapped individual who frequently visits the park by himself..always dressed the same...always smiles the same....is always Smiley.
yeah, Simely's name is John (jon?) whatev, so it's my night training on steam trains, i'm at train central (turnstyle) so this guy in a disney jackets comes up the steps, can see his face, then he gets to the turnstyle...

OMG why didn't the trainer tell me he'd be there, he walked around the station looking at things, ... with lust, ew, and being the noob that i was/am ask "is there anything i can help you with?"

"no, ...no, there's nothing you can help me with."

at which point i stopped fearing for my carnal treasures, and relaxed, a bit.

so a week or so ago, i decide to be nice, and talk to him, so i bump the female condutor of her the sweep run and take up the seat in front of him. and as a sign of good faith, extend my hand and introduce myself, forgetting where that hand may have been on the Poo(h) ride... :shock: he reluctanly introduced himself, "i'm jon" so i ask him politly:
"so i see you around here alot, i assume ur an AP, do you work around here as well?"

"well, no i usually just stay home and watch tv"

"oh, well :?, that's cool, so do you come to the park every day"

"pretty much, i didn't come on monday tho, i went and payed repsects to regan"

"cool"

he was much better than..." we got into a mild presidential conversation, about how i almost got hit by lighting watching Nixon's hurse travel the 55north/91 east interchange blah blah

oh and he informed me that laser pointers are not allowed in the resort at any time, and can result in removal from the park, and in his case a two week suspention, harsh, even for him..,

oh i also found out he got fired from sav.on for touching himself in ways he shouldn't have been at work.... :roll:

Gimme some soft serve!

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:37 am

Speaking of, Smiley visited us tonight after a 2 week-hiatus (after throwing a fit and throwing his drink at our feet after we told him he couldn't take it on the ride). Smiley actually never talks to anyone either--but he's White-Caucasian with reddish hair..and ALWAYS in the same clothes. Same jean jacket, pants, etc. I don't think I've ever seen that other guy you mentioned, ReivaX!
HAHAHAHAHA, i was there that night, he told My lead all about it, and she stood about five feet away the whole time, i was very proud of her bravery, one of you pooh girls was walking to me about it later on in the shuttle to k-lot, anyway he was very unhappy on the sweep trip, and declared at least once "I'm Mad/angry at the winne the pooh" or whatever. i think that was the same night i talked to him... i wonder if i'll get a guest compliment out of that conversation, probly not, i'm a guy, and that's not his realm, thankfully, then agian the horse...:?

Gimme some soft serve!

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Post by VonSeegs » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:34 pm

God I LOVE Smiley stories! Working at Space I got to know him a little too well. He would come up while I was at greeter and always start talking to me so then I figured I would start playing 20 questions with him. I found out a lot of things about him. Why he was fired from the movie theater, why he was fired from this place or that place. The answer always seemed to be the same. Ew. Ew ew ew.

He really doesn't come around the FL rides alot but I've been working days. I'm sure now that I'm working nights again I'll have the pleasure/torture of seeing him again.

Ew ew ew.

Vance likes ham.

Wizard69
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Wizard69 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:50 am

What the fuck? Is this guy a retard pervert or something. I'm glad I don't know or haven't met him. I don't want to.

TheManator
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TheManator » Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:35 pm

Maybe we should start a single post just about Smiley's Stories, if there is
not one already. I am becoming very fascinated with these stories ...
albeit a bit creepy ... but very ... interesting.

Hostess
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Hostess » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:25 pm

Blech, I can imagine what you see that you don't wanna see. Now over on http://www.mouseplanet.com, they're posting their favorite places to make out in DL and WDW Poor PotC CMs. :shock:

Wizard69
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Wizard69 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:15 pm

I was working strollers the other day and a family came up to me wanting to rent a stroller. As I'm ringing up the stroller for the dad, the mom dropped the daughters diaper right there in front of me and proceeded to change her.

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:33 pm

Wizard69 wrote:I was working strollers the other day and a family came up to me wanting to rent a stroller. As I'm ringing up the stroller for the dad, the mom dropped the daughters diaper right there in front of me and proceeded to change her.
.....and just hope that she didnt leave the damn diaper in a stroller.
:barf:

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:15 pm

I know this isn't at DL (Haven't fully looked through the site) but when I used to work at Golden Age next at Sounds Dangerous at the Studios here in Orlando...We'd see couples go into the post show area (Small rooms with same premise at the SD show) and come out like 30 mins later (Rooms are small, semi-dark and no one really goes in there anyways).

Along the same line of the topic. Was on Space Mnt at MK and overheard a girl say to her boyfriend "This is just like riding you". Needless to say I started laughing my ass off...dunno why though.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand