things you could do without seeing or watching someone do

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
lovethefuzzies
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by lovethefuzzies » Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:48 am

It's so nasty when guests eat. They chew with their cavernous mouths
open. I've gotten frozen lemonade in my eye. The worst is when they eat
those frozen bananas. They look like crap on a stick. It makes me sick.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:16 pm

^Those bananas look like something else to me... :shock: :lol:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Cloud Buster
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Cloud Buster » Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:15 pm

I suppose I don't know because I don't work in attractions, but who is "Smiley" and what's his deal?

SweetAurora
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SweetAurora » Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:48 pm

I was introduced to Smiley one night by my lead when I first started working my attraction. She pointed him out and told me to make sure he wasn't being too "happy" inside the ride, as she had dealt with him making himself "happy" in other rides as well as making the poor horse on Main Street "happy". He is a seemingly mentally-handicapped individual who frequently visits the park by himself..always dressed the same...always smiles the same....is always Smiley.

~*I am youth! I am joy! I am a little chick bursting out of an egg!*~

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:45 pm

oh my...what would PETA say about his making the horses happy... :shock:

Thought of this other couple over at Pirates. They had been pretty active throughout the ride. The lead had left the location and left me "in charge" and the lift was stuck, and I happenned to be in the tower and couldn't see them on any of the monitors. I was kind of worried that they'd gotten out and I knew they were around utility 2, so I had the guy on unload (late at night, we only needed one) go over and take a peek over the fence next to the lift. He comes running back doubled over with one hand over his mouth trying not to laugh out loud...he grabs the intercom and tells me that their boat was stuck on the lift (still stuck...several minutes had gone by at this point-we were way backed up with another problem) and she was laying down in the front row with her pants down around her ankles while her date was ummmm...manually servicing her. Well, my big guy from load had gone over to drop one and managed to unstick the boat that was backing us up upstairs, so we got everyone cycling again and the loving couple's boat came back in to the station. They were back in row 2 where we had seated them in the first place and just sitting there like they were on a route ride in Fantasyland with a million people watching them. I told their witness on the unload dock that he had to hand them a pro-towel as they got out of the boat - which he did. As they kind of looked at him funny, I'm sure they knew why... :pbjtime:

kutisusie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by kutisusie » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:26 pm

Iused to dread closing a ride alone. UP until about five years ago, you would close Snow White, Toad, Pinnocchio, and Alice by yourself. I would dread the days when people said they saw Smiley, Because somehow he came on the ride where I was by myself EVERY time! How did he do that?!?!?!

Hang on to your Hat, 'cause I'm not going to get it when it blows off your head.

SweetAurora
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SweetAurora » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:28 pm

That's another thing, Susi. I know personally that he sometimes "stalks" attractions girls....! Duh duh DUHHH.

It's pretty subtle though. For instance, I almost NEVER see him at our ride if there's not a lot of girls working. I think he can tell as he walks by ::shudders::

He'll usually go on my ride and if he likes the girls that are there, he comes on again up to 4 or 5 times. A friend of mine who works in Toontown actually had him following her on different occasions, and another friend of mine has actually had him try to talk to her (he never talks to anyone) but he's supposedly always sneaky about it. I guess he's sneaky about EVERYTHING.

And btw, Smiley threw a FIT on our ride last week..it was awesome. :pbjtime:

reivaX
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by reivaX » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:35 pm

ok i only know of two mentally handicapped people that frequent the park. one of which is robert whom is a cool guy. he's nice and all that. then there is an asian/pacific islander man who is a little on the rounder side. is this smiley? i dunno, he just seems creepy cause he doesn't talk to anyone.

SweetAurora
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SweetAurora » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:39 am

reivaX wrote:ok i only know of two mentally handicapped people that frequent the park. one of which is robert whom is a cool guy. he's nice and all that. then there is an asian/pacific islander man who is a little on the rounder side. is this smiley? i dunno, he just seems creepy cause he doesn't talk to anyone.
I LOVE Robert!! He just came on our ride a couple of days ago, and was saying he was going to take pictures because it was his "500th" time on the ride (actually...it's almost ALWAYS his 500th time on the ride.... :wink: Robert always goes around with a notebook, takes note of what day it is, what ride he's on, and which cast members are working. He's always very sweet and polite and never is a bother to anyone! We love him!!

Speaking of, Smiley visited us tonight after a 2 week-hiatus (after throwing a fit and throwing his drink at our feet after we told him he couldn't take it on the ride). Smiley actually never talks to anyone either--but he's White-Caucasian with reddish hair..and ALWAYS in the same clothes. Same jean jacket, pants, etc. I don't think I've ever seen that other guy you mentioned, ReivaX!

Grumpy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Grumpy » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:29 pm

Freak wrote:^Those bananas look like something else to me... :shock: :lol:
I've thought of that, but I still enjoy frozen bananas in general.

Get your mind out of the gutter!!! Who do you think you are? A CM? :lol:

j/k