to all flash photographers on rides...

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
disneyprincess1988
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

to all flash photographers on rides...

Post by disneyprincess1988 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:25 am

Which part of "no flash photography" do you not understand? Especially in my attraction, flash photography can be very unsafe for the Tour Guides and character performers.

Case in point: I noticed 3 people in the second half of my vehicle who decided to start taking flash pictures the second they sat down, so I made a point to look right at them while delivering my opening spiel. Think that worked? Nope! Of course not! The flashes went off throughout the whole ride, even with me making hand gestures for them to stop. And their flashes were so bright, I could seriously see them out of the corner of my eye while standing in the Anubis scene.

I felt so bad for the Gangster actress I was doing the show with. I wonder how she put up with these idiots in the Western and Aliene scenes of the ride.

For Narnia! And for Aslan!

:jasmine: :minnie: :bouncemic :skellingt :gonzo: :pepe:

All of my favorite Disney characters up above there. :p:

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: to all flash photographers on rides...

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:45 am

They must be killed..... :twisted:
We seriously hate the Flashers. Makes my kid with Autism (and me!) very upset :mad:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

xliath
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by xliath » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:55 am

No I got one even better. I am at the park riding Pirates which happens to be one of my favorite attractions and a SG two rows in front of me is flashing away at every single little detail. Now i realize why flash photography is not allowed besides being unsafe it is also very rude. Ruined the ride for me. It is especially bad in the subs because it gets pitch black inside but what is funny is they learn the hard way that their pictures turn out to look like a white light. because of two sets of glass between the sub and the water. :)

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:44 am

Disneyprincess, you should have made a reminder spiel during the ride while looking right at the SGs.

I've yelled out "NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!" on dark rides before when the flasher is in another vehicle and have politely asked people to stop flashing when they are in the same vehicle.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

disneyprincess1988
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyprincess1988 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:00 am

Shorty82 wrote:Disneyprincess, you should have made a reminder spiel during the ride while looking right at the SGs.

I've yelled out "NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!" on dark rides before when the flasher is in another vehicle and have politely asked people to stop flashing when they are in the same vehicle.
Wish I could do that, Shorty. But because of the fact that timing is extremely important on GMR, we can't deviate from the script to remind Guests no flash pictures nor can we E-stop the ride unless it becomes a serious safety issue for the Tour Guide or the character. I've been told to use hand motions as a friendly reminder to make the Guest stop.

Only time I've been told of that a CM reminded Guests of no flash pictures while inside the ride was in the Anubis scene when one of the Gangster performers parked the vehicle and reemed the Guests in question out after finishing the spiel for that scene.

MyLittleAngels
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MyLittleAngels » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:53 am

I'm a yeller. I WILL yell at people using flash photography. I haven't had that issue on GMR yet, but I'm a frequent yeller on Pirates and HM. DH always finds it amusing when I give flash photogs the evil eye on the way off the ride (only if they continued after being yelled at) .. Not one has ever confronted me for yelling at them.

coaster3001
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by coaster3001 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:00 pm

disneyprincess1988 wrote:Which part of "no flash photography" do you not understand? Especially in my attraction, flash photography can be very unsafe for the Tour Guides and character performers.

Case in point: I noticed 3 people in the second half of my vehicle who decided to start taking flash pictures the second they sat down, so I made a point to look right at them while delivering my opening spiel. Think that worked? Nope! Of course not! The flashes went off throughout the whole ride, even with me making hand gestures for them to stop. And their flashes were so bright, I could seriously see them out of the corner of my eye while standing in the Anubis scene.

I felt so bad for the Gangster actress I was doing the show with. I wonder how she put up with these idiots in the Western and Aliene scenes of the ride.

When I worked at GMR back in the day I had a gangster show where the pics. were so bad from row 2 I pulled out the flashlight and turned it on and off in their face until they stopped. It was fun.

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:44 pm

I'm strongly tempted to stop my vehicle the next time I have issues with flash photopgraphy.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:58 pm

joanna71985 wrote:I'm strongly tempted to stop my vehicle the next time I have issues with flash photopgraphy.

The gangster should just confiscate the camera ! Work it into the script. :D: That way theres a public shamming involved! :twisted:

disneyprincess1988
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyprincess1988 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:08 pm

coaster3001 wrote:When I worked at GMR back in the day I had a gangster show where the pics. were so bad from row 2 I pulled out the flashlight and turned it on and off in their face until they stopped. It was fun.
Nice! Wish I had the courage to do something like that to SGs with flash cameras.