Why are you in your stroller?!

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Why are you in your stroller?!

Post by glendalais » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:20 pm

Went to Sea World Orlando today. Great park, enjoy it every time I go (the fact that I can have an Annual Pass for only $8/month helps very much as well).

Anyway, was hanging out in front of the Sky Tower when I see a woman put another bag on her obviously overloaded stroller, which also has her young daughter in it.

Lo and behold, the stroller falls over and little girl is now on the floor screaming and crying. Does the mother go over and make sure she's allright?

Nope, she goes over and yells at her as to why she made the stroller fall.

Ugh!

:mad:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Why are you in your stroller?!

Post by hobie16 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:58 am

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:12 pm

glendalais wrote:Went to Sea World Orlando today. Great park, enjoy it every time I go (the fact that I can have an Annual Pass for only $8/month helps very much as well).

Anyway, was hanging out in front of the Sky Tower when I see a woman put another bag on her obviously overloaded stroller, which also has her young daughter in it.

Lo and behold, the stroller falls over and little girl is now on the floor screaming and crying. Does the mother go over and make sure she's allright?

Nope, she goes over and yells at her as to why she made the stroller fall.

Ugh!

:mad:
Of course it's the baby's fault. If she hadn't been in the stroller it wouldn't have tipped. NO WAIT. Blame her own legs,if she had kept them together,the baby would have never been born and she have more room in the stroller for 'her' shit. NO WAIT. Blame the alcohol companys. If it hadn't been for them she wouldn't have spread her legs in the first place. :rolleyes:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:14 pm

She should had gotten a shopping cart. You can put the kid in the front and all the crap in the section behind it. :eek:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:16 am

darph nader wrote:NO WAIT. Blame the alcohol companys. If it hadn't been for them she wouldn't have spread her legs in the first place. :rolleyes:
So she was there to lodge a complaint. Hadn't seen the news in the last six months...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:48 am

turkeyham wrote:She should had gotten a shopping cart. You can put the kid in the front and all the crap in the section behind it. :eek:
Probably put the kid on the 'bottom' and all the more 'valuable' stuff on top. :mad:

(135)

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:45 pm

I went to Sea World Florida and loved it. Will be returning Feb.2011.

Mo and I did like the coaster ride and Atlantis. We want to try the other coaster.

I have seen the small strollers there, and to over fill one looks hard.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:14 pm

I remember when I worked the train at Knott's, virtually everytime we had a person in a wheelchair, they had a ton of stuff hanging off their wheelchair--and I don't mean medical equipment either. We would have to ask them to remove the stuff so we could use the wheelchair lift, as well as strap them in. Why do people use their loved ones' chairs as a shopping cart? I thought it was disrespectful to the person in the chair, to use them to carry their stuff. Honestly....

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:44 pm

That reminds me, yesterday I saw some family pushing a double wide wheel chair with allot of packages in it. No family member was diabled.

Then last night I was shopping with my parents and we went to Target. These shoppers had a big shopping cart and it did not belong to Target and they did have a few little kids in the basket with allot of clothes and toys.
The kids looked like they were about 4 years old. Poor kids, they were cranky and crying. :eek:

lovethemouse
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by lovethemouse » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:40 pm

Oh I hate when people overload their strollers with bags, last week while at WDW I had to leave Frontierland/Adventureland during Spectro. It was pitch black and people had moved into the area that the cast had cleared earlier for people to walk! I was pushing a stroller with two kids in it when I hit the front wheel of another persons stroller, of course just that little bump (and it was little because I was walking very carefully) sent their stroller to the ground. Fortunately their kids were not in it, but they started screaming at me. Mind you they were standing in an area that was behind the rope, designated for peole who needed to move. Sorry SG, but when you have two 4 year olds that need to pee, that is what the path is for!
I apologized, offered to help them, they had drinks and food on the umbrella of the stroller! They were nasty to me so I just kept strolling to the potty. There is a reason for the rope!
This is another reason why I always stay on property, whatever shopping I do (usually not that much) I can have sent to my resort, beautiful! Whoever dreamed that up is a genius!