Cast Member Confidential

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Cast Member Confidential

Post by hobie16 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:55 pm

darph nader wrote:Don't feel bad Indy,there's a few things I can't recollect either. :rolleyes:
What??

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Ho-say
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Ho-say » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:08 pm

I did read it (downloaded it) and not surprisingly, was annoyed with all the inconsistencies and erroneous information - for example, referring to the name of a MK parade using the name of a parade that was only at Disneyland, talking about his first day at work actually being at his work location, when even if he was possibly a contract employee or operating participant, still would have had to gone to some variation of Traditions, and stating that the CP housing was not only located in Kissimmee but that the likes of Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton had hung out at CP housing. Honestly, much of it read as if he had been a guest, gleaming 2nd or 3rd hand stories from someone who probably never even was a CM. Not to mention the Tarzan story that was mentioned earlier.

That said, on an interesting note, the story behind the story, about his leaving his successful professional life on the west coast and dealing with an ailing parent, to escape to the surrealism of Disney definitely had underlying themes to which I think some Cast Members could possibly relate...at least IMO.

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company

tink70
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by tink70 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:28 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I seem to remember seeing tarzan and jane, with the various apes, in a parade, but I thought it was at Disneyland....and a long time ago!

OR maybe at AK in WDW?
No Grumpy Pirate I think you're right, I seem to remember a Tarzan themed parade around the time of the Tarzan popularity here @ DL.

Walt Disney
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Walt Disney » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:37 am

Want to read another hackneyed book written by a Disney "fan"? Try reading Nancy Smith's Hidden Mickey Book.

http://hiddenmickeybook.com/index.html

Visit the Disney Cast Member Nametag Museum!
:D:

CA Screamin Dude
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by CA Screamin Dude » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:37 pm

A young guest once asked how Huey, Dewey, and Louie were related to Donald. I told him they were his nephews, Donald's sister Della was their mother. The young guest then asked how Huey, Dewey, and Louie came into being. I told him that Della Duck and her husband-Duck wanted ducklings, and they got HD&L. The guest then asked how that happened, and I told him about Dumbo's Mr. Stork. The guest pulled a Joe Wilson ("you lie!"), and I continued on about how that's what happened. About 10 minutes later, after more 'but really, how,' and more storks and eggs, I thought about it, and figured the best way to preserve the magic after such a long time (parents?) would be to be scientific. So, staying away from sex, I said that the ducks reproduced asexually, like a plant. Oops. At least it ended that line of questioning!

Only in DCA would I ever have enough time for this...

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:47 pm

CA Screamin Dude wrote:Only in DCA would I ever have enough time for this...
Yup CA Dude, & this was during the 50th too. Anything re DLS? I hope soon. :)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

CA Screamin Dude
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by CA Screamin Dude » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:57 pm

Nothing new to report, as I twiddle my thumbs.

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:07 am

I was given this book as a gift recently and read it last week on the long plane ride to the wrong part of Florida (well, it was the right part of Florida for where I was going, but it sure wasn't Orlando).

Even though I am only a stupid guest and have never worked for Disney, I didn't really find anything new. Apparently most cast members act differently back stage than on stage, also many cast members are gay. Shocking. Shocking I tell you...

***spoilers follow if you care about that sort of thing***
I did find the story of the cm who quit his job to move to Cuba interesting and I wonder if it is true in any sense of the word.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:53 pm

I'll be honest, I'm not particular interested in the so-called "Tell all" books written by ex-cast members. The thing is, with books like those, you have to wonder how much is true, and how much is "sour grapes".

I prefer coming here, where the folks are friendly, and if dirt is dished, most likely someone can verify it.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:48 am

The best "ex-cast member" book that I've read has been Mouse Trap, by Kevin Yee (http://www.amazon.com/Mouse-Trap-Memoir ... 117&sr=1-1)

Doesn't seem to be as much of a "shocking expose" type piece, more it's just one guy telling his story. (and tooting his own horn about how much he loves Disney)