Unwarranted points from my old dept...any suggestions?

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Hawkeye Jennie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Unwarranted points from my old dept...any suggestions?

Post by Hawkeye Jennie » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:09 pm

I transfered from foods to attractions in late may. I had about nine points on my record that were not supposed to be there (like points for going on bereavement leave when my father was killed in a car wreck!) and my managers said they would remove those points before my transfer date. You can see where this is going, eh? I recently found out that the points were never removed and this leaves me unable to call out for any reason to avoid triggering a verbal. I'm sick as a dog right now with a head cold and sinus infection but I can't take a few days off to recover...that and I'm liable to get my coworkers sick, too. Can't get an ADO, either. Normally my attendence is excellent but those friggin' 9 points that shouldn't be there (for bereavement? Come ON) are screwing me over. I can't risk a verbal because I'm planning to transfer to Circle D asap and have already been told (by the ranch management) that they are interested in me and want me to apply. A verbal, of course, will make me unable to transfer for months.

ANYWAY I've been calling my old managers and leaving written notes that ask them to please call my current managers and let them know that those points should come off. Said managers cannot begin the rescinding process until they hear from my old managers. Ah, but they won't return calls or respond to the notes! They've made it quite clear that since I transfered they no longer have any responsibility with my record and whatnot. I've walked into their offices in person a few times now but they always seem to be off in the park somewhere.

So I can't get those points off which means I have to work out in the cold tonight with a 102 temp and a brutal headache from sinus pressure. My current managers can't ADO me and they themselves don't know exactly what should be done, what with my old managers sticking their heads in the sand about those points. I understand that they can't delete the points without knowing if I'm legit or not, but really, what can I do here? Go to the old managers' office and camp out on my day off until I see them? I'll probably be there all day, lol...

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Unwarranted points from my old dept...any suggestions?

Post by darph nader » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:18 pm

I take it communication isn't rampant among managers? :mad:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:33 pm

I feel for you man. I had a similar situation when I was first starting out. I could not get ahold of anyone to give me a schedule so that I could work. Nobody would call me back and when I went into the office there was nobody there. Long story short, I had free admission and discounts for 4 months with out working a second. I suggest you put in a call to your union asap and work it out on that level.

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:24 pm

Have you tried to contact either the Union (even if not a member) or Human Resources? Another possibility might be to escalate above the Manager level up to Magic Kingdom administration (if both old and current positions are in same Park).

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:58 pm

I agree with the others, call the union. If this kind of stuff was happening to me I'd have called them a long time ago. The suggestion to go above management is also a good idea. Sometimes problems can't be sorted out at management level and have to be taken to the people above them.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:49 am

darph nader wrote:I take it communication isn't rampant among managers? :mad:
I think communication with managers is ok, at least in my locations. Yet, all depends on "which" manager I guess. I've never had trouble getting call backs, meetings or Ems, yet do feel there are a few hoops CMs need to go through, winding paths CMs are expected to understand, & the chain which is always interesting & confusing. I've had no points for awhile, but do remember ramming until some were taken off. Am with Shorty, wouldn't have let the 9 points issue go so long. Points tend to get lost in the shuffle, especially when a transfer was done in May. Most points now out last managers. :rolleyes: Jennie, did you, do you now have a Team Manager? Go to each with verification as to why you were gone. Explain so both will be on the same page. Ask manager A to call manager B while you are there & can give input or answer questions. Try Eming your Foods Manager. Em your Attractions manager also. You must know their last names to Em. If you aren't aware of the addy format pm me. There is a main Attraction's Manager. Go to him/her & engage this CMs help. I have done this with success. Don't agree going to HR will be the answer, at least not @ DLR. Union is a very logical source when all else isn't meshing. If you are with UFCW I have their # & will gladly pm. Good Luck!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:46 am

Some e-mail addresses include a middle initial. The best way to find someone's e-mail address is by searching the employee directory on the HUB.

Hawkeye Jennie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Hawkeye Jennie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:55 pm

Thanks for the info, peeps. My current managers are now emailing the living hell out of my old managers about this. If they continue to ignore us then we'll be contacting their own higher-ups. *cracks knuckles*

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:18 am

Hawkeye Jennie wrote:Thanks for the info, peeps. My current managers are now emailing the living hell out of my old managers about this. If they continue to ignore us then we'll be contacting their own higher-ups. *cracks knuckles*
Suggestion:
  1. Send an email with a read receipt to your manager in your current location that is handling the issue.
  2. Copy the original manager that was supposed to handle the issue. Make sure it has a read receipt on it.
  3. Take the time you need to get healthy. You can always grieve a reprimand through your Union steward.
  4. After a reasonable amount of time that you listed in your email, contact HR Compliance. You have the confidential phone number in your cast information and on the HUB.
No matter what, be professional as you travel these waters. You never know who you run into later in your career.

MAPO