Ever been hit by a guest?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Ever been hit by a guest?

Post by VonSeegs » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:51 pm

So two days ago I'm working belts at Matterhorn and these people are totally unprepared, disorganized; just a complete mess. So I reach down to grab their seatbelts for them when the guy brings his arm down and elbows be right in the face, knocking my hat and my sunglasses off. I mean it was an accident but I was LIT! Pay attention man! He apologized but I was so mad I just told him to put his damn seatbelt on. I have a small bruise under my right eye but luckily it's so light that makeup just covers it up. Anyone have any stories about being hit?

Vance likes ham.

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:50 pm

Two years ago on Christmas Eve I nearly had my shin broken by a large guest who reached into the basket of her ECV as I was standing right in front of it and her, um, belly hit the throttle and started it moving forward. It came to a stop with the tire on my foot. No big deal, I'm used to that, but a few inches more and the bumper would have taken out my shin.

Two weeks ago same thing happened only this time it was the guest's own stupidity that nearly took out my leg. I asked her to park the ECV on the far side by the planter as we always do and instead of backing up she started moving forward towards me. Came to a stop inches from my foot and instead of backing up what does she do? She went forward again! This time the wheel landed on my foot and the fender barely tapped my leg. Again, a couple inches more and bye bye leg.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

TheManator
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TheManator » Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:32 pm

Back in the mid 90s, one night, around 7pm, I think, my dad and I went to eat at one of the restuarants that was, I think near/around/in Adventureland (?), and this guy was just standing in line, barefooted and smoking right in the line...a cm working a register told him that there was no smoking allowed in the resturant and that he had to wear shoes...the guy just looked at him and ignored him, and the cm repeated two more times as I recall, and the guest got so mad, that he gave him what looked like a bitch slap, and just walked off...

kutisusie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by kutisusie » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:25 pm

Space Mountain, Christmas Eve, 1999. I was at load 2, at the back of the rocket, and I got bumped to load 1, at the front of the rocket. I moved up the station just as the rocket was being adanced. I felt a hard slap on my bum, and looked at the girl I was about to bump, and I said, "The guy in row 6 just hit my butt." Mind you, I don't have the most attractive butt.
Well, the guy at the console saw it, and told the guy at bars to pull the rocket off into the blue room at dispatch, and to not let the guy in row six out. This guy knew exactly what he had done, because the bars CM didn't sya anything, and this guy was screaming and yealling and say the rudest things. Security was brought out, and the guy then proceded to scream at secruity and all of the managers that showed. I chose to press charges because the guy was such as jerk, to say the absolute least, and he got a police record for Christmas.
The worst part? He hit me so hard, it left finger marks on my butt, and the Disney nurse had to look at it to document it! :lol:

Hang on to your Hat, 'cause I'm not going to get it when it blows off your head.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:10 pm

been there, done that - both accidental (every imaginable part of my anatomy) and on purpose...

In Fantasyland, we had put up the cutoff rope for the Goofy parade, which had already stepped off from Main St. Anyone who was around back then might remember how big and heavy those floats were...anyhoo...we're sending people to the Castle to get to Main St., but this woman with a stroller ducks under the rope and heads up Matterhorn way, and I could hear the music. I ran up behind her, grabbed the stroller handles turned it around and got it back under the rope, basically shouting "you're going to get run over!" At this point a guy I assume was with her comes up, hauls off and punches me in the stomach telling me I should be nicer :!: :?: And a security guard was right there and did absolutely nothing.

I got punched hard in the face over at Mansion, like 10 minutes before my walk time at load 2. The guy stood up in the omnimover says "hey, b*tch" and hit me with a fist. I stopped the ride and he went pale. To make a long story short I pressed charges after security tried to pressure me out of dropping the whole matter... what a bunch of jerks... :evil:

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Post by VonSeegs » Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:42 pm

When I was in parades the bunch of us were walking out on out queue from behind Lost Childrens. The park was insanely busy that day and right where we had to walk there was this HUGE french tour group. I was Grumpy that night and I guess they all really thought that I was this tough guy 'cause one of them hit me in the head and another punched me right in the stomach. Grumpy didn't have a lot of padding so it hurt like a b*tch. I did the show but ended up with the biggest headache and couldn't do the last 2 shows.

Vance likes ham.

DLSweeper
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DLSweeper » Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:25 am

O man........ I guess that guests don't realize that we bruise easy. :hammer:

"I have a stupid question for you."

"Can I have a map?"

"Where is the restroom?"

"Do you work here?"

SpaceRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SpaceRanger » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:49 pm

I've been hit a couple times... the most recent was a couple months ago, I got sent out to help with the parade... everything was going fine, til one idiot kept insisting that he could dodge the floats and that I had no right to keep him from crossing... I told him another way to get to where he wanted to go, or said if he waited about 2 minutes I'd be able to let him cross then. Of course neither was acceptable to him, so he decides that shoving me so hard I fall to the ground would be better. :roll:

God must love stupid people. He made so many of them.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:57 pm

Never been hit once by a guest. But I did have a large heavy door swing open with out hearing a knock, Twice! Once was my lead. The other was my Manager!

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Weeble
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Weeble » Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:38 pm

I was walking downstairs from the Wheelhouse on the Mark Twain as the ship was nearing the dock. All of a sudden this little 8 year old girl comes around the corner and slams HEADFIRST INTO MY NUTS. She hit me with such speed that I ended up falling backwards, as did she and in an effort to avoid crushing her, I turned my body so she would land on top of me. The next thing you know, the father is lifting me with both hands around my neck CHOKING ME. he wouldn't let go and was screaming about how I almost killed his daughter and should be more careful. Nevermind the fact that his daughter is yelling that she ran into ME. I literally started to black out so I did the only thing I could do...I KICKED HIM IN THE BALLS. He let go, I ran downstairs and had the lead call security. They also did the whole "don't push charges" spiel on me so I didn't.

I am HORRIFIED by the number of CM's who have been hit or abused by guests. I am even further HORRIFIED by the fact that security in every case attempts to persuade us not to do anything about it.

If you are ever attacked by a guest, PRESS CHARGES! Do it for the rest of us who never did!

Comedian and Writer
http://www.alfredmuller.com