look! the sky just 'sploded!

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
smart1hermione
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

look! the sky just 'sploded!

Post by smart1hermione » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:46 pm

So i'm up from school for the weekend, and naturally i found myself on Harbor Blvd for some gooooood italian ice (you should try it, south of DLR, but before the strip clubs. on your right)

So naturally i also found myself in the DTD parking lot and then in the plaza between the two parks at.... 9:25pm.

For us poor folks, this is as close as we can get to the firework show. The halloween show was really cool! We couldn't see all the fun laser action and projections on the castle, but they pumped the music into our area and we had a blast and a half. :)

Also, all the cute little kids in their halloween costumes. i was dying. we had twins that were about 15 months old behind us in 'thing one' and 'thing two' outfits.

if these fireworks are anything like the 50th anniversary fireworks, they should be around for at least 6 months, maybe i'll see them up close and personal by then :D

Legend: Alligators dwell in the sewers beneath Disneyland.

Truth: There are no sewers below Disneyland, and therefore no alligators in them. The secret tunnels are infested with mutant rats, however.

<3 disneylies.com

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: look! the sky just 'sploded!

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:34 pm

We saw them from Tom Sawyer Raft area last week, couldn't see the projections but did see flying Zero from afar :zero: Still really enjoyed them.

Am going again next weekend- Where can I sit to see them a little closer and see projections? Want to see F! also so realize there might not be a way to do both :(

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:40 pm

smart1hermione wrote:So i'm up from school for the weekend, and naturally i found myself on Harbor Blvd for some gooooood italian ice (you should try it, south of DLR, but before the strip clubs. on your right)

So naturally i also found myself in the DTD parking lot and then in the plaza between the two parks at.... 9:25pm.

For us poor folks, this is as close as we can get to the firework show. The halloween show was really cool! We couldn't see all the fun laser action and projections on the castle, but they pumped the music into our area and we had a blast and a half. :)

Also, all the cute little kids in their halloween costumes. i was dying. we had twins that were about 15 months old behind us in 'thing one' and 'thing two' outfits.

I saw this on you-tube a couple of days ago,looks pretty cool. (wait a minute. did I hear 'strip club' :confused: ?? how come board X never mentions this :mad :)

if these fireworks are anything like the 50th anniversary fireworks, they should be around for at least 6 months, maybe i'll see them up close and personal by then :D

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

SpeedFreak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SpeedFreak » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:04 am

I find it funny that you cite strip clubs as a navigation way point.

Stupidity is not a handicap, stand elsewhere.
Sarah Magdalene wrote:Needless to say, Mickey got pissed and had the bitch and her family expelled form the park.
Word to the wise: DON'T tick off the Boss.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:23 am

SpeedFreak wrote:I find it funny that you cite strip clubs as a navigation way point.
Nails directions for us around Harbor Blvd. :D:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

smart1hermione
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by smart1hermione » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:43 pm

Main Streeter wrote:Nails directions for us around Harbor Blvd. :D:
if you've hit the Humdinger, you've gone too far. :) For us SoCal residents, we see more of surrounding Anaheim... Harbor blvd is truly a mixing pot of businesses and residences...

from outside, you can't see squat, only the shiny things in the sky. for other shows, i've always had luck at the hub, behind the partners statue. however, you've got to invest some time for those spots.

Legend: Alligators dwell in the sewers beneath Disneyland.

Truth: There are no sewers below Disneyland, and therefore no alligators in them. The secret tunnels are infested with mutant rats, however.

<3 disneylies.com

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:11 pm

Main Streeter wrote:Nails directions for us around Harbor Blvd. :D:
What ever works. (Are those on the East or West side of the street?) :rolleyes: :D:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:47 am

darph nader wrote:(Are those on the East or West side of the street?) :rolleyes: :D:
Near the hotel you always book. ;)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]