Even in french, some guests' comments don't ring too good...

Disneyland Resort Paris Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland Paris discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Ottar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Even in french, some guests' comments don't ring too good...

Post by Ottar » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:27 pm

A friend of mine used to work at the Visionarium (European version of From Time to Time) and was always having promlens with people that first waited in line for a while and then were being let into the waiting area where the preshow movie was shown and where there is a little exhibit of different scientific stuff. Problem was, even though there are electronic signs in the queue area that inform you about the preshow movie in six languages and that the castmembers announce through the PA that they are being let into the waiting area for the attraction AND the HUGE projection screen informs them about the preshow the guests STILL come walking back asking to be let out because "this attraction sucks"...
This, to me, almost qualifies an investigation into just HOW IGNORANT people can become of their surroundings... I mean, I am very used to the environment of a theme park etc. and still I read every sign I lay my eyes on. Then how can people who have never been in a situation that is even remotely like the one at Disneyland walk around with their eyes closed to the world around them? Are they simply not interested?

This applys doubly to people who pay half a fortune to go to DLP and don't seem to have even looked at the pictures in the park flyers...
My finnish friend who worked at the City Hall reception desk told me about a couple who came to her demanding their money back for the entrance fee. They said they were sorely dissappointed about the quality of the show and the so-called attractions. A further inquiry showed they had wandered through every single shop on Main Street and thought the window displays qualified as "attractions" and then went into the video game arcade (Starcade), thereafter deciding Disneyland was worthless and wanted to get their money back...
I bet they were pretty surprised when they experienced Pirates or Space Mountain if their definition of a ride was a Main Street window display...
:P

In Walt's days, quality and capacity did not compete.

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:59 pm

That's ok a few years back, when I was a new hire, I had some people who just wandered on a bus from their hotel and went to WDW. The problem these people had no idea of what a theme park is and went on no attractons. They didn't ask for a refund but the whole time they just walked around and did who knows what. I want to know why would anybody go to Orlando and not even know what a theme park is or what WDW is even all about. It's only 33 years old

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

Ottar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Even in french, some guests' comments don't ring too good...

Post by Ottar » Sun May 28, 2006 10:08 am

I can't wait for Hotel Tower of Terror to be finished in Walt Disney Studios so that clueless guests can wander in there thinking they will make a reservation for the night... Heh heh heh...

In Walt's days, quality and capacity did not compete.