Tattle on Yourself

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Tattle on Yourself

Post by Zazu » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:18 pm

Probably the best (worst) words to come out of my mouth happened on Gay Day a few years back when I was working as a railroad conductor.

My usual safety spiel at Frontierland included the advice to, "Keep you arms and legs inside the train; the bears are hungry!"

Yeah, definitely face-palm time; the one day per year when that's not the right thing to say.

Immediately the questions started, "Are the bears cute?" "Do the bears give hugs?" "Can I take the bear home with me?"

So, I just ran with it. "Yes pardners, the bears are all over the place today. And be careful, if one o' them gets you in bear hug, he may *never* let go!"

"Ooo, promise?" "I want a bear hug too!"

So I had not choice -- I closed with, "You folks sure have a queer way of lookin' at things."

Zazu

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:56 pm

Zazu wrote:Probably the best (worst) words to come out of my mouth happened on Gay Day a few years back when I was working as a railroad conductor.

My usual safety spiel at Frontierland included the advice to, "Keep you arms and legs inside the train; the bears are hungry!"

Yeah, definitely face-palm time; the one day per year when that's not the right thing to say.

Immediately the questions started, "Are the bears cute?" "Do the bears give hugs?" "Can I take the bear home with me?"

So, I just ran with it. "Yes pardners, the bears are all over the place today. And be careful, if one o' them gets you in bear hug, he may *never* let go!"

"Ooo, promise?" "I want a bear hug too!"

So I had not choice -- I closed with, "You folks sure have a queer way of lookin' at things."
Worst? Those are outright AWESOME! Face-Plam yes, but fun humor and most likely making the day of some of those fells on-board - that's can be considered Disney magic right there.

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

judgedom
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by judgedom » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:03 am

One of the shows in Innoventions includes the line: "Honda's Asimo can be used in the future with household chores, such as picking things up off of shelves and (insert other use here, cast member's discretion)" Usually, I fill that blank with something like "getting you the newspaper". Sometimes I decide to mix it up and add something else. What came out during one show? "Honda's Asimo can be used in the future with household chores, such as picking things up off of shelves and looking in your neighbor's windows"

I don't think anyone caught it so I was safe, haha.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:11 am

OK, I Confess :o:

A CM at DLR had a pin that caught my eye. It had Chip n' Dale with a bird on it and apparently was from Disney Adventures....it said,"March of the Blue-Footed Boobies"......

I couldn't help it, I traded for it, saying,"This is probably the only Disney Pin with the word 'boobies' on it!" :eek:

I'm sorry, nice CM.

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:48 am

judgedom wrote:One of the shows in Innoventions includes the line: "Honda's Asimo can be used in the future with household chores, such as picking things up off of shelves and (insert other use here, cast member's discretion)" Usually, I fill that blank with something like "getting you the newspaper". Sometimes I decide to mix it up and add something else. What came out during one show? "Honda's Asimo can be used in the future with household chores, such as picking things up off of shelves and looking in your neighbor's windows"

I don't know if I would be able to resist doing this kind of thing all the time knowing that people are more interested in the action than the words. And those that are actually listening are probably the ones who would just laugh and not go any further with it.

Also, I notice that this is your first post so allow my to be the first to offer you a warm* welcome. The marsupial welcoming committee should be along shortly to welcome you properly, though they may be napping, it's hard to say sometimes.

*By warm I mean incredibly hot**.
**By incredibly hot I mean you should probably get out of the black flames you are now standing in.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:02 pm

Lasolimu wrote:...The marsupial welcoming committee should be along shortly to welcome you properly, though they may be napping, it's hard to say sometimes...
Some people have met me face to face and still wonder if I'm napping.
Lasolimu wrote:...**By incredibly hot I mean you should probably get out of the black flames you are now standing in.
Aw, by "incredibly hot" I thought you were just describing Wallaby and me.
judgedom wrote:..."Honda's Asimo can be used in the future with household chores, such as picking things up off of shelves and looking in your neighbor's windows"

Great story, judgedom!
:welcome: to :sgt: from :wallaby: and :wombat: !!! :D: :D: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:17 pm

BRWombat wrote:Aw, by "incredibly hot" I thought you were just describing Wallaby and me.
I wouldn't make that mistake, I wouldn't want it to go to your head. :p:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:20 am

BRWombat wrote:Aw, by "incredibly hot" I thought you were just describing Wallaby and me.
Have never met you, just saw you sing, but Wallaby is hot. :D:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

EeyoresButterfly
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by EeyoresButterfly » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:32 pm

Zazu's reminded me of my own Gay Days flub. I was working the Winnie the Pooh FP Return when a little girl asked me about when Tinkerbell flies. I started my sentence with, "Well, a little fairy told me...". I looked up and realized that there were a whole bunch of red shirts right there listening to the entire conversation. I sort of hesitated realizing what I had said and they busted up laughing. I'm sure the look on my face was rather amusing.

Petite and Proud!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:54 pm

One Gay Day a silly person asked me if I believed in fairies. I looked at the crowd around us and replied, "On a day like this, it's pretty hard not to."

Zazu