Tattle on Yourself

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Moonliner
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Tattle on Yourself

Post by Moonliner » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:13 pm

Had any verbal slips lately?

I was a character attendant at the MK today, and was asked to help out attendant J with the White Rabbit by the teacups. As we walked to the set location, J said as soon as Rabbit's set was over, he was going to give a break to Pooh's attendants. So we meet and greet and meet and greet, and I decide to double check with my partner. So maybe it was fatigue from a late night at Hallow-Scream, but I asked J within the earshot of guests, "So, when do you need to go to Pooh?" He replied back with a quick "As soon as Rabbit is finished here." It was only then we realized how it might have sounded to our guests.

And don't get me started on when guests ask "Where is Pooh's Playful Spot?"

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Tattle on Yourself

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:29 pm

It wasn't me but I did see CM scoot by Stitch at MK and pat his head casually as she passed, saying, "See ya in a few, Lindsey..." where upon Stitch waved right back and nodded.

Poor guy has gender issues it seems ...

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:39 pm

OOPS! :rolleyes:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:34 pm

Moonliner wrote:...And don't get me started on when guests ask "Where is Pooh's Playful Spot?"
LOL! Too many possible answers, all of them very, very wrong!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:13 pm

And yet so entertaining...

I think it may be over by the Monsters Incorporated Laugh Floor.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:And yet so entertaining...

I think it may be over by the Monsters Incorporated Laugh Floor.
Some one made the same kind of comment over on board Y the other day. :D:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:43 pm

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, eh? Boy is the silly ol' bear quite adventurous!

[font=Comic Sans MS]"I don’t think I’ve ever made that big a fool of myself, which is really saying something, because I’ve performed at theme parks."[/font]
- Blaine Anderson, GLEE

Tara_Lee3
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Tara_Lee3 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:59 pm

It's not a disney slip up... but I definitely blushed.

I worked at a certain well known ice cream chain, you know, the one with more than 30 different kinds of ice cream? Anyway, if you've never had to peel and slice a banana in half lengthwise without ever touching the fruit with your hands you'll have to take my word. It's difficult.

I got pretty good at it after a while but one day after peeling the banana placing it in the "boat" and slicing it lengthwise I used the knife blade to open the banana so I could place the scoops between the halves. I reached down to dip a scoop and when I looked back the banana had fallen closed again. I put the scoop back in the tub, used the knife to open the banana again... this happened about 3 times.

Finally I looked up at the customer and said, "Don't you just hate it when you can't get your banana to stay up?"

:bananana:

*facepalm* Yeah... True story.

"How much are the mugs? Well the 13 large signs at eye level all say the mugs are $12.99.. so I'm gonna go with that."

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:07 pm

Tara_Lee3 wrote:It's not a disney slip up... but I definitely blushed.

I worked at a certain well known ice cream chain, you know, the one with more than 30 different kinds of ice cream? Anyway, if you've never had to peel and slice a banana in half lengthwise without ever touching the fruit with your hands you'll have to take my word. It's difficult.

I got pretty good at it after a while but one day after peeling the banana placing it in the "boat" and slicing it lengthwise I used the knife blade to open the banana so I could place the scoops between the halves. I reached down to dip a scoop and when I looked back the banana had fallen closed again. I put the scoop back in the tub, used the knife to open the banana again... this happened about 3 times.

Finally I looked up at the customer and said, "Don't you just hate it when you can't get your banana to stay up?"

:bananana:

*facepalm* Yeah... True story.

you should have had the presence of mind to add a moan or two. I bet you would have gotten a tip!!!

hehehehehehhee

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Sarah Magdalene
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Sarah Magdalene » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:07 pm

Heh heh heh heh heh ... reminds me of when I was in a shop in Epcot buying some Chip and Dale snack mix and peanuts for my folks. After paying, my dad was by the door's exit where I assumed he was looking for me, where upon I called out, "Dad ... dad ...I'm here! And I got your nuts!"

Almost immediately I knew I said something VERY wrong and slinked away from the cashier, who thankfully, was female.

- Blaine Anderson, GLEE