Captain Eo to return to Disneyland... Maybe... (Maybe Not.)(Ok so it's true)

This is the place to find the latest news and announcements concerning StupidGuestTricks.com Note: You may reply to any topic in this forum but you may not post new topics.
Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Captain Eo to return to Disneyland... Maybe... (Maybe Not.)

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:05 pm

Shorty82 wrote:This goes along with a conversation or two BW, hhsrat and I had recently. "Bring back the Peoplemover! Bring back the Peoplemover!"
This was conversation as I recall when in monorail crossing or near old Peopelmover. See, I was paying attention Shorty. ;) Bringing back Peoplemover would be awesome!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:22 pm

BRWombat wrote:Not in the most recent movie.
See I was talking about the ST experience that was in Las Vegas.

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:10 pm

You know, I'm kind of glad that for the foreseeable future, Captain EO isn't coming back.

Don't get me wrong, Captain EO was cool and all, but I'd rather see something new. Going back to the Captain EO film just seems like a step backwards.

Although, I'm all for the Peoplemover returning to Disneyland in some form or another. Its sad to see the unused track. they could make it look snazzier and more futuristic so that it fits in with the more recent look of Tomorrowland, and perhaps some new things for the interior sections of the track. :cool:

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:13 pm

BRWombat wrote:They could easily redo the film however they want -- just set up any changes by having a very upset Romulan ship captain from the future travel back in time and alter history.
Call me silly, but instead of a quest for vengence (for something that now hasn't happened yet), wouldn't you put your energy into preventing it rather than torturing the person you blame for it?

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:44 pm

Syndrome wrote:Call me silly, but instead of a quest for vengence (for something that now hasn't happened yet), wouldn't you put your energy into preventing it rather than torturing the person you blame for it?
Makes sense, but there's a lot in the new film that doesn't hold up to analysis. It was fun, but a classic "popcorn" movie -- don't think about it too much!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:46 pm

Alright, I know that this is old news. but I just have to say that I never really believed that EO was coming back.
Sure, Disney may have considered it, but all those sources like miceage REALLY jumped the gun--as usual. Plus, I think that wishful thinking had a lot to do with this.

And of course, (as noted earlier, I believe) there was no announcement at all concerning Captain EO at the D23 Expo.

This is why I choose to stay away from sites such as miceage, they always jump the gun and put too much stock into rumors, then they get upset when those rumors don't come true.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Poor Mike, see ya Captain!

Corey

1team1dream
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by 1team1dream » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:53 pm

I'm surprised nobody has updated this. Captain EO is indeed coming back in February. As of right now my department is being told a month. I might have even read something about it in The Line! ;)

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:37 pm

I heard from costodial, that Captain EO will have a delay opening. There is water damage inside the theater. The area of the first three rows were soaked in water. I heard at the middle of Fe. 2010. :eek:

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:01 am

1team1dream wrote:I'm surprised nobody has updated this. Captain EO is indeed coming back in February. As of right now my department is being told a month. I might have even read something about it in The Line! ;)
Well, I made a thread about it in the newsroom forum a few months ago...But nobody replied. :p: ;)
turkeyham wrote:I heard from costodial, that Captain EO will have a delay opening. There is water damage inside the theater. The area of the first three rows were soaked in water. I heard at the middle of Fe. 2010. :eek:

Hmmmm...
I had suspected that it was delayed. Oh well...

A lot of people are excited about Captain EO coming back. I think its pretty cool. Its only supposed to be back for a "limited engagement" anyway.
I would be upset if it were permanent, because again, I feel that it would be a step backwards.