Stupid drivers

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Honda Enoch
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Stupid drivers

Post by Honda Enoch » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:51 pm

Ok, so we JUTS got this used car 2 days ago because our other car died.

This car needed a little love in the interior. so I went to the parts store to get a few things.

I pull out of the parking lot and onto the road. Not even up to speed yet when this stupid ***** pulls right across in front of me. I hit the breaks and slid right into her. Dang air bags hurt.

THANK GOD her insurance is at fault because since we just got the car we were in process of transferring the insurance and tag over but was not 100% done yet. I called my insurance and filed a claim and transferred it to the new car. Now I just have to sit and wait.

Man I just want to cry. Nothing is going right. thank God I decided to leave my wife and son at home when I went.

Anyway, sorry just had to rant

"You know me. I'm that little voice inside that tells you..."

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupid drivers

Post by darph nader » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Years ago,I was making a left hand turn. I'm in the middle of the intersection,when the light turns red. The two cars coming at me stopped with no problem. I continue my turn when the gal in the middle lane runs the light. There was a witness at the gas station,saw the whole thing. Hubby gets there first,I lost my witness. I got the ticket for 'failure to yield'. Found out later that 'hubby' was a lawyer. :mad:
The only 'good' thing was that I lost a fender and headlight. She on the other hand,had the fender pushed into the drivers door, which in turn the door behind it and then the rear quarter panel.
Since then,the left turn arrow cycles 'after' the main green light.

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:13 pm

Very sorry about what happened to you and your car. I am glad you're OK A few years ago I had an underage driver hit my car when they tried to change lanes. Not only was he underage,but the car was uninsured and the registration sketchy. Quite the trifecta! Did about $5000 in damage.:
Hang in there. Things can only get better. :) :) :) :) :)

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:51 pm

I had a guy try to cross in front of me while on our way to Houston. He tells me that he thought I could make it, after the local cop, county sheriff and Texas State Trooper showed up he changed his story. "He was speeding!"

State trooper took over, they are robots btw. "Sir, you had a stop sign and failed to yield, the city police officer will issue your citation. County guy will call in tow truck, and turns to me. Sir, don't worry about their car, I believe it was totaled before you even hit it."

Tow truck driver used his winch to pull the bumper off my tire, and I was able to drive off. The other guy got his car towed. He won in the end though, turns out his insurance card was fake. I called the city cop and he checked it out, it was fake and the other guy was no where to be found at the address he had listed.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Monorail_Red
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: Monorails
Position: Former CM

Post by Monorail_Red » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:51 am

Back in January...on an icy day up here in CT, I drove to school a few minutes early to beat the parking lot traffic and avoid parking lot derby because of the poor road conditions.

Well, after I park I'm not even in the building for 10min and one of my teachers comes up to me and says "_____, I just hit your truck." I couldn't take him seriously. I said "I'm sorry", and he says again "I slid into your truck. You should come outside and I'll give you my insurance information."

So I walk outside, and my truck was pushed 1.5 parking spaces, and the passenger door was all pushed in as was my rocker panel. I'm surprised that the window didn't pop.

Luckily he had good insurance and I got a loaner car ASAP so I could put my truck in the garage at home. The door that was hit wouldn't seal and if snow or sleet or rain got in there it would be more damage his insurance would have to pay for. Luckily, the truck was parked and I was obviously not at fault, which is good being a young driver.

I brought it down to the local body shop the next day and the bill was $4,500. I needed a new passenger door, my floor pan was crumpled, various plastic pieces shattered, and my rocker panel needed some work. Plus the cost for paint matching & blending and labor.

I was my lucky day because if he hit me another 5" forward he would have hit the door post and totaled the truck, which would be ashamed since it didn't even have 30,000 miles at the time.

But, luckily you and the other driver weren't hurt too bad which is all that matters.

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:45 am

Yowzers... sorry to hear about that Honda.

My car was only ever seriously damaged once thru no fault of my own, it was a freak accident involving an outdoor lighting fixture with a rusted thru bracket and my rear windsheild.

My car insurance company is still trying to get the money back from my landlord.

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:22 am

I've been involved in two fender benders...

The first I'd just pulled into a parking space and parked. The lady in the car next to me started backing out, and cut her wheel about 15 feet too early, and her front end swerved sideways into my rear passenger door. (sigh)

The other one just happened this past March. I live on a hill with only one road in and out of my little neighborhood. Yes, it's New England and it snows, but with 4WD and anti-lock brakes I've never had much of a problem. The hill looked just a little snowy, but it turned out it was snow-on-top-of-ice. I was barely crawling down the hill, tapped my brakes and I'm sliding. Slid down the hill in my mid-size SUV into a larger SUV. (Who had already slid and crashed into a Civic that was stuck in a snow bank) From the stop of the hill where I paused before continuing down, I couldn't see that they'd already been in a colision.
My vehicle came out with most of the damage: dented fender, two doors and a bent A-pillar. The other SUV mostly had paint scratches and a busted taillight.
The insurance then finds me to be more than 50% at fault in the accident because they classified it as "collision with a legally or illegally parked vehicle". (Well sure, when you put it THAT way...)
My insurance premium doubled... :eek: I finally get my day in front of the state insurance board in a few weeks to contest it, arguing that there were mitigating weather-related factors. (Heck, when the snow plow finally came while we were exchanging info, even HE was spinning his tires trying to plow the hill...)

-Rob

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:09 am

I'm a big sissy, HATE driving even only in the rain. The Drivers here in LA are legendary to boot. :rolleyes:
Worst accident I was in, Driving speed limit,have right of way ,when driver from Stop Sign on side road PULLS in Front of me, causing my front end to crumple. I had just passed a cop at school a block earlier, someone who saw accident called him to scene. Driver of Van who hit me pulls back into side road, parks car, and LEAVES with Pre-schooler with him. Cop comes, and a woman arrives, says she owns vehicle and wants to give insurance info. Cop says GET DRIVER NOW or it is hit and run. He comes back with kid, gives name, says he is unlicensed driver from Mexico. Cop says he knows he's lying, then guy gives CORRECT name and turns out he is driving on license suspended because of DUI, and he does own vehicle. Surprised cop didn't haul him off then, but he did get vehicle impounded for a month. Did have insurance but
invalid because of his suspended license, So my insurance company did well
and covered everything.
I'm glad we are all here to tell our stories! ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

SpeedFreak
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SpeedFreak » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:07 am

Sorry to hear about it Honda, sometimes your week just sucks.

Stupidity is not a handicap, stand elsewhere.
Sarah Magdalene wrote:Needless to say, Mickey got pissed and had the bitch and her family expelled form the park.
Word to the wise: DON'T tick off the Boss.

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:44 pm

I can top all of you. I've been in 7 car accidents, not at fault for 6 of them, the one I was at fault for was very minor, no damage to my truck, knocked out a turn signal in the other car, I was barely moving in that one. 6 of them, including the one that was my fault, were within about a 3 or 4 block radius. I drive around that area if I need to go anywhere near it, luckily I don't live all that close to that area anymore and therefore rarely have to go anywhere near my accident zone.