Not Disney! ARGH!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Not Disney! ARGH!

Post by Mayonnaise » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:36 pm

Uhg. I know how you feel. When I worked at the TRU back in college, I got reamed out by co-workers for finding broken glass during closing because it would make everyone have to stay later. Never mind that it was in/on a display of effing diaper bags. Yeah, that would have gone down real well if a baby had gotten at it.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:41 pm

You will be glad you said something before OSHA and the Lawyers swarm. :eek: Never be sorry for playing it safe with other's lives. You can sleep well at night. :)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

coaster3001
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by coaster3001 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:26 pm

Driver_dylan wrote:Unfortunatly, If you work at universal, they side with the group. Most of the coaster management there is stupid, barely trained, and barely competent. Do your best, and buy lots of TUMS for the indigestion.
I work at both Universal and Disney and Universal is by far much better than Disney is in the safety department hands down.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:39 pm

When I worked at Knott's, I was practically buying loperamide (antidiarrheal) by the case. Yeah, that's how bad Knott's management, leads and some co-workers were when I worked there, and I don't imagine things have changed. Or not for the better, anyway.

Rocrider
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Rocrider » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:05 am

Driver_dylan wrote:Unfortunatly, If you work at universal, they side with the group. Most of the coaster management there is stupid, barely trained, and barely competent. Do your best, and buy lots of TUMS for the indigestion.
I have not worked for Disney in MANY years, but I do know how much management inforces safety at Universal. It is very nearly zero tolarence for safety violations. There have been several people termed for safety violations.