Yeah right.

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Yeah right.

Post by kurtisnelson » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:33 pm

From a supposed ex-Liberty Belle CM:
She has this story she loves to tell about falling in ROA. One flaw in the story: The boat moves away from the dock. Towards Tom Sawyer island. You know, with the track and all. Then she starts talking about how much fun it is to get on a moving conveyor, bringing up Kilimanjaro Safaris as an example. Stepping on the platform moving at the same speed as the vehicles and getting in a boat.

Kurt

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Yeah right.

Post by Lasolimu » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:21 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:From a supposed ex-Liberty Belle CM:
She has this story she loves to tell about falling in ROA. One flaw in the story: The boat moves away from the dock. Towards Tom Sawyer island. You know, with the track and all. Then she starts talking about how much fun it is to get on a moving conveyor, bringing up Kilimanjaro Safaris as an example. Stepping on the platform moving at the same speed as the vehicles and getting in a boat.
Wait, what?! I am still just trying to figure this out.
1) Because the ROA is roundish in nature I think it works best to use directions on a clock when viewing the river from above because as something moves along it, it is moving towards every point on the river that it travels regardless of direction. So she was saying that the boat moves the opposite direction of what it really does? And what exactly does that have to do with the story? I think I need to hear the story to understand.
2) I think I understand the Kilimanjaro Safaris, she was saying that it loads from a conveyor like Haunted Mansion after the stretching room. What is with the boat comment? Was she saying that the ride vehicles are boats?

Of course, this could just be what she has done to you with her stories.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by kurtisnelson » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:09 pm

Lasolimu wrote:Wait, what?! I am still just trying to figure this out.
1) Because the ROA is roundish in nature I think it works best to use directions on a clock when viewing the river from above because as something moves along it, it is moving towards every point on the river that it travels regardless of direction. So she was saying that the boat moves the opposite direction of what it really does? And what exactly does that have to do with the story? I think I need to hear the story to understand.
2) I think I understand the Kilimanjaro Safaris, she was saying that it loads from a conveyor like Haunted Mansion after the stretching room. What is with the boat comment? Was she saying that the ride vehicles are boats?

Of course, this could just be what she has done to you with her stories.
1. She claimed the boat was moving in towards tom sawyer island, AKA towards the center of the circle. And she fell in because of this according to her story.
2. Yeah, she was saying Kilimanjaro is a boat ride loading from a conveyor. Yeah, sure.
Wow, I just realized I must have been asleep while writing that last post. Let me fix it. Oh, edit time is up...

Story 2.0:
She always tells a story about falling into ROA as a CM, but in the story what causes her to fall in is the boat moving away from the dock (think classic one foot on dock one on canoe style) This movement could not be possible since the boat is on a track...
Story 2.0b:
Same person. She said to me it is fun to get on moving conveyors, using as an example Kilimanjaro Safaris where you get on the conveyor to board a boat. Sure.

Kurt

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:44 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:1. She claimed the boat was moving in towards tom sawyer island, AKA towards the center of the circle. And she fell in because of this according to her story.
2. Yeah, she was saying Kilimanjaro is a boat ride loading from a conveyor. Yeah, sure.
Wow, I just realized I must have been asleep while writing that last post. Let me fix it. Oh, edit time is up...

Story 2.0:
She always tells a story about falling into ROA as a CM, but in the story what causes her to fall in is the boat moving away from the dock (think classic one foot on dock one on canoe style) This movement could not be possible since the boat is on a track...
Story 2.0b:
Same person. She said to me it is fun to get on moving conveyors, using as an example Kilimanjaro Safaris where you get on the conveyor to board a boat. Sure.
Alright, now I understand it all, thank you. Be happy that the Safaris part was coherent enough for me to get. Yeah, having the story really helps with the ROA part.
Well, at least she isn't making it difficult to tell that she is making stuff up.

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Well, I fell in once, when I was working the Tom Sawyer's Island Rafts. I pushed the raft away from the dock and when I went to step onto the raft, I lost my footing and in I went. Only up to my waist, though, as I was hanging on. The most embarrasing part was getting off on the other side and having to say "Watch your step" to the guests! I had to get dry pants and work the rest of my shift with no underwear. Ewww! From then on I always kept extra underwear in my locker when working a water ride.

Maybe your CM meant the rafts.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by kurtisnelson » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:26 pm

Are the ROA an instant tetanus shot?

Kurt

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:31 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:Are the ROA an instant tetanus shot?
Ha, ha! Only if the skin is broken! I scrambled out of there pretty fast.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:03 pm

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:Ha, ha! Only if the skin is broken! I scrambled out of there pretty fast.
Ooo! Great idea, two words: Animatronic Piranhas!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:43 pm

BRWombat wrote:Ooo! Great idea, two words: Animatronic Piranhas!
I would suggest going with real piranhas, but the water would probably kill them and they would be useless.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri May 08, 2009 12:39 pm

BRWombat wrote:Ooo! Great idea, two words: Animatronic Piranhas!
Trying to land a job with Disney Legal, are we? :D: :p:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?