Confusion at Starbucks

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Confusion at Starbucks

Post by BRWombat » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Can I step in for a moment just to say enjoyable it is to start a thread and then to come back and see what directions it goes off into?

Other boards that require things to stay OT don't know how much fun they're missing. :)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Near Philly » Tue May 05, 2009 5:41 pm

Was this your own personal comment, or did the voices in your head MAKE you say that?

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Tue May 05, 2009 6:13 pm

Near Philly wrote:Was this your own personal comment, or did the voices in your head MAKE you say that?
I don't think the voices make him say anything, but they probably do have good ideas.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Widget
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Widget » Tue May 05, 2009 6:24 pm

Well this will get the thread way off topic. Sort of.
My wonderful collie Caibor's Darn You Daggit CD RN, aka 'Starbuck', decided that he is not ready to retire from the obedience circuit just yet. He has one leg left out of three to attain his Rally Advanced title. And yes I know the image that some of you now have of a three-legged dog trying to run around a ring :D: .
Anyway before his turn he's acting like a ten month old puppy instead of the ten year old dog that he is. Full of energy, barking, looking for the treats that I had hidden for later. Then he goes into the ring. Wouldn't listen. Pretended he couldn't hear the commands. Refused the jump the first time. The second time he took the jump but knocked it over. Grrrr. We go again in a couple weeks.
But considering a year ago I almost lost him I am not really that upset. He has myasthenia gravis that is currently in remission. Nasty type of auto immune disease that left him pretty much paralyzed until a few thousand dollars worth of tests were performed. Now he is on Mestinon, the same medication used for humans for the same condition. Great medication except it just went up almost $50 a bottle to $150. At least it lasts three to four months. Too bad I can't put him on my insurance.
BRWombat wrote:Can I step in for a moment just to say enjoyable it is to start a thread and then to come back and see what directions it goes off into?

Other boards that require things to stay OT don't know how much fun they're missing. :)

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed May 06, 2009 11:51 am

I thought Starbuck was a pilot on BSG! (and the harbinger of death!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Wed May 06, 2009 2:10 pm

I had a friend with a horse named Starbuck once. Personally, I think Figment is a much better horse name.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Near Philly » Wed May 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Before there was coffee there was hay. And alchohol, and music, and dancing.

http://www.nypress.com/article-15824-ne ... ories.html

I was there once, underage, with friends. They spent a small fortune advertising during late-night weekend comedy. SNL and the short-lived Friday's

Widget
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Widget » Wed May 06, 2009 4:54 pm

My Starbuck was named for the BSG character. Dirk Benedict's from the 1978 original and only decent version of the show; not the female wannabee from Ron Moore's abomination remake. Obviously someone was confused when that gender change came about.

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I thought Starbuck was a pilot on BSG! (and the harbinger of death!)

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Thu May 07, 2009 12:48 am

Sorry, have to disagree with ya there, the original BSG was a sad rip off of the Star wars type of show. the stories and plots were very basic and predicitable, and the people were very cartoonish.

the remake of BSG at least has some very interesting aspects added, and I find the use of the underlying religious themes a good point.

And having watched the Caparica prequal, I can see how they are moving in the direction of 12 gods vs 1 god theology.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Near Philly » Thu May 07, 2009 8:41 am

Back then us kids just wanted cool ships and explosions.
Now we're older and wiser and can think more deeper.

Anyone remember Space 1999 or Earth II ?