Absolutely Furious!!!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Absolutely Furious!!!

Post by CMGUY89 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:52 pm

So as many of you know I was force transferred from my beloved Soarin' where I was a trainer to the seventh circle that is known as private dining. I can't stand it. I am so depressed and I am trying really hard to get back to an onstage role but it seems like absolutely nothing is moving now. I have been on the list to go to front desk since november but I have heard nothing. Yet we still have CPs coming in. It makes no sense!!! Anyway I applied for Kidani and was rejected of course. I decided that I want to apply for the new Bay Lake Tower only now casting is making the stipulation that in order to apply for a front office you must have previously worked in that role at a DVC resort. I am livid! I find it absolutely unfair that I am singled out because I am not one of the front desk jocks. I swear its as bad as being in high school again. I am literally nearing the end of my rope with this company. They can only treat me like crap for so long. Not only have they taken away my dignity by calling me unsafe, they move me into a position that is not a good fit for me, then restrict me from trying to advance out of the crap position they gave me. I know everyone is saying "Just be glad you have a job" but frankly I'd never had a day that I hated going to work until January. Maybe I made a mistake. Maybe I was too positive coming into this. Maybe there is no such thing as a company that cares about its employees. I am just a number and will never be seen as anything but that...

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Absolutely Furious!!!

Post by turkeyham » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:43 pm

Stay where you are at. All through out the Disney Parks, they are down grading. Keep your job and ride it out. Disneyland is now doing that in June with ODV. ODV will be in quick service restaurants. They will be known as QSR-ODV. The cast member checks into a restaurant, counts their funds, go out to the cart which is with-in walking distance and sell their stuff. The have the POS system too. When they are done with their shift, they count out their funds and clock out for the evening. But my friends think that this plan that the park is doing will not work and convert all of ODV back into one area. Who knows what will happen after their experiments. :rolleyes:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:28 pm

Ride it out. I went through a bunch of crap at my job, but I hung in there. I am happier now than I have been at any job.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:33 am

Do your job and be the best at it. Set an example and be the model employee. DVC has tons of applications and they can pick and choose as everyone wants to be in the new Kidani. There is a pecking order in Disney jobs and you have to understand that there are a lot of people out there who want the same job as you do. There probably is some new guy wanting your job right now.

Hang in there and remember that manure happens on all jobs.
Hugs and chocolates
Laurie

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:44 am

That sucks to hear :( .

Have you tried for one of the other frontline roles at Bay Lake Tower? Looking at the recent issue of Eyes and Ears, they also have openings for Custodial, Food & Beverage and Recreation, which are all frontline roles, I believe.

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:32 am

CMGuy, sorry to hear of your troubles, it must be very frustrating. Disney is a good company to work for, with lots of opportunities, hang in there and do your best. Don't do something hasty that you will regret (like quitting). Something great will come along for you. Keep the good thoughts. Soon these troubles will be in the past and you'll have a job you love again. All this is good experience for when you move up to management! Add it to your resume.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:40 am

I feel for you CMGuy. Hang in there, and feel free to come vent here anytime. We're always willing to listen and support you in any way we can.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:59 pm

I know i'm :deadhors: ,but like I tell my fellow employees, "It may not be the best job in the world.but at least 'pretend' like it is".

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:01 pm

darph nader wrote:I know i'm :deadhors: ,but like I tell my fellow employees, "It may not be the best job in the world.but at least 'pretend' like it is".
There are some jobs where no amount of pretend can help. Fast food with a horrible GM or phone tech support in the middle of the night when people are cranky and deal with the hard problems they realize they can't fix anyone?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:06 pm

You are young, with many years to achieve your dreams ahead of you :)
Reading your posts in the past, I couldn't help but think, If only my kids were more like him!
Have Faith, things ALWAYS change, and you may get an opportunity to do something you like better if you can keep your chin up and your eyes wide open.

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D: